Saturday, November 29, 2008

Weekend With the Wee Ones

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Okay, so a few days ago, I had my wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my new apartment here in Denver with my mom, stepdad, niece Kairi and nephew Vinny. Well, it has been a lot of fun...despite kids being a real pain in the ass...especially when they're not yours. However, they're cute enough to compensate for it. Guys with girlfriends know what I'm talking about. Anyway, we've just been checking out the city when we can. Did you know that it takes AT LEAST two hours to get ready to go anywhere with two people over fifty and two people under two? Well, now you know. Friday morning, my mom & I went looking for a nice couch to complete my apartment...and we found it at Sofa Mart on Furniture Row. A nice salesman named Daniel was happy to hook us up with a luxury model that fits my style...and the picture will be coming shortly in this blog, so keep an eye out for it.

After that, we hit up Taco John's on the way back for lunch and then took a few hours to load the kids up and wake up my stepdad...and decided to walk to the Aquarium. Now, I know that it was over a mile walk from my apartment to there...but my mom said it would be fine (because she wasn't carrying a child with her). So we did it...and it got cold...especially on the way back. Anyway, as you may recall from my last visit, the Aquarium also has a nice seafood restaurant next to giant pools of fish that the kids can watch...so we ate there and had a good time. Here's some pictures...
Photo evidence that the first person to
use a shotglass at my apartment...
is my two-year old niece
"I Wanna See $tevie's Denver"
Denver Aquarium
Vinny gets Fishslapped
I love Fish Tacos...ladies

Then we walked back...and just before getting to my apartment, they were having a German Christmas Festival right at 16th & Arapahoe, so we stopped and checked out all the nice ornaments, decorations, and bavarian foods at our discretion. It was nice...and I may have to swing by there later for a beer and a braut.
This Father Christmas scared the kids...but he was a nice guy

Today, we basically spent the whole day cleaning (by we, I mean my mom & I) but my couch was delivered as well...and eventually she, Kairi and I went for a walk down the 16th Street Mall for some Arby's and riding the bus. Kairi likes just about everything about "$tevie's Denver" from his bed to his couch to his food to his view to his "elligators" (elevators) to the buses. She really likes to see the view at night. Vinny thinks it's pretty cool all around too. Good times with those kids. Too bad we have to part ways again tomorrow...but they're making my apartment into a mess...so it's about time. Here are some more pictures.
The new couch...even more comfortable than it looks
New couch and the family...
...and the View
Making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

Well, that'll do it for today I guess. Tomorrow we drive back to Slick City, then I begin my voyage with Filly across the country to New Orleans because I am an incredible human being. That's my story...and I'm sticking to it. Oh well, I didn't really want to work anyway...just get paid for it. Anyway, have a great day everybody!!!

7 comments:

j.l. clyde said...

guess what was burned so you and k-filly could listen to it on the way to n'orleans?... ladies :)

JLee said...

Great photos, $teve and it looks like you had a great holiday and are getting settled in nicely!

Alisa said...

Man you are a trooper $teve. Karma WILL come back around, I guarantee it with all of the do-goodin' you've been doing. Happy belated Thanksgiving! And strap Filly's cats on TOP of the vehicle, there's an idea for ya... she once tried to convince me to like cats but I still despise them. Sorry if you read this Filly, nothing against you. Just cats. Good luck with N.O.

$teve said...

JL Clyde, we have experienced the burning sensation. Thank you. :)

Jlee, it's been awesome...though the last few days have been a trial...but we made it safely here...and those kids are damn cute...and I have a new couch. :)

Alisa, the cats actually went in the car...which was luckily strapped to the back of the moving van. :) Not a big cat person myself. Dogs are better. Filly knows this...but just won't admit it. You know how she is. :)

katie said...

i love the picture of your niece with the milk in the shot glass! seriously a classic!

i am also jealous of your couch and your pumpkin cookies! just an fyi.

how is denver treating you???

katie said...

p.s see comment on "the nightman cometh." what will i do with my thursday evenings now...

$teve said...

CLASSY & FABULOUS KATIE!!! How have you been? How's the California sunshine? :)

Denver's...well, it's just awesome...as you may know from reading the blog. Don't worry, Frank & the Gang'll be back for another season...and you can always check out the first three seasons...until season four comes out on DVD. :)

P.S. I laughed hardest during that finale when Mack was doing his Nightman thing during the "Rape Scene" (which went exceptionally well) and you hear Dennis say, "DUDE!!! DO YOU HAVE A BONER?" as it fades to black.

Where Should I Go Next?