Saturday, November 22, 2008

Baby Name Stupidity

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,


Last night at the social, I met some of my neighbors and they all seemed pretty cool...but a lot of them were about 10-20 years out of my age demographic...and those that were younger seemed to be married or engaged...and all in all, I didn't really hit it off with anybody like "Dude, we should totally hang out" or anything like that...but at least we'll be comfortable saying howdy in passing or something like that. I usually am...but get weird looks sometimes like "Who the f**k are you? Do I owe you money?" Regardless, it was a lot of fun...and I got a good buzz from the free bottles of wine. Good times. Then I talked with Filly, JL Clyde, Amelia, and others about this and that. Oh yeah, don't know why I didn't start off with this...but ugh...



I'M GONNA BE AN UNCLE AGAIN!!!



Yeah, my sister-in-law told me last night that she appears to be along in the process...which is convenient because it's a week or two after she got a job...so we'll see how that goes. I'm excited and cautious all at the same time. Yeah, I'm gonna have another niece and/or nephew (that's right, I'm jinxing them to have twins or a whole litter) but I just happen to know who's going to pay for everything. The same people that have been paying for the first few...and are coming to town next week for Thanksgiving...my mom and stepdad. Well, more on this when more comes out...but I am super excited for my evergrowing family...and I just hope that my brother & sister-in-law don't go through their monthly breakups anymore. It's been a few months since a big one...but then again, she has been pregnant too. Coincidence? Anyway, here's some news...



More Baby Names Stupidity - Since I'm talking about babies already, I thought I'd throw this nugget in. Now, as you should know, my nieces and nephews are named Kelaudri (after...hell, I don't know...maybe it sounded cool at the time), Kairi (after a video game character in Kingdom of Hearts), and Vinny a.k.a. Kiel jr (after my brother, the father). Some of those may seem a little silly...but then there are celebrities that show us just how sane we are. Well, rocker Pete Wentz and famous by association to her sister Ashlee Simpson-Wentz had a son this week...and named him Bronx Mowgli Wentz. That's right, Bronx Mowgli Wentz. Now, Pete Wentz is from Chicago...and Ashlee's from Texas...so it's only natural that they name their child Bronx (possibly where he was conceived? My name would've been Cobra...because I was conceived in the backseat of a Mustang Cobra...so that'd been cool). Of course, Mowgli is the name of the man-cub from Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book. Hmm, if my parents would've been this new wave, I might have come out Cobra Baagheera Love, which sounds really really hot. I give it an A for originality...but a D for plausibility...and for the future Drug habit that the kid is going to have being the son of Pete & Ashlee Wentz.



SURPRISE!!! - He shot a man twice and felt so good about it, he wrote a song describing the shooting and called out the victim by name. A judge sentenced 25-year-old Rico Todriquez Wright Monday to spend the next 20 years in prison after his victim mentioned the hip hop confession to police. Chad Blue, 28, told police he had known Wright before the September 2006 shooting, but that the men weren't friendly. He testified companions egged Wright on as he chased and shot his victim in the thigh and groin (yeeeesh!). Later, Blue told police he recognized Wright's voice on a CD rapping "Chad Blue knows how I shoot." Wright was sentenced to 20 years for two counts of aggravated assault. He will spend another 20 years on probation. Honestly, I'm a little surprised that this hasn't happened before. I mean...I know that a few rappers out there are just a bunch of marketing schemes and snapshots and music videos and all...but I'm surprised that there's not more convictions like this stuff being said on a CD (or having the world's worst lawyer who can't get you off of some recording on a fictionalized story through song). I mean think about the incriminating evidence that would have to be said on an album to get somebody really convicted on something like that. Did he mention the brand of bullets with serial numbers or something? Then again, maybe other rappers just aren't that f**king stupid. It's possible...in fact, pretty damn plausible. I wonder when O.J.'s going to do a rap album. That'd be interesting to listen to.



Anyway, that'll do it for today. Got a birthday party to go to at a bar tonight, so that'll be fun. Best Buy's also a pain in my ass. They screwed up shipping "Rock Band 2" so I got it just in time to turn in my projector TV because a guy couldn't just change the lamp right there at the store. "Why's it going to take two weeks to replace the lamp?" "I've gotta ship it out." "Why? Do you have the lamp here? I'll switch it out." "No, we don't, I don't think." Frustrated sigh. "F**k it, okay. Hopefully I'll see it before Christmas." "Oh sir, it's expected to be back by the 7th of December." "I know...and I know what I said too. Thank you...and have a great weekend." Seriously, it just bugs the hell out of me. Oh well, it'll come back fresh & new (knock on wood). Have a great weekend everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?