Friday, November 7, 2008

Eagles Always Win

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,
Congratulations to the University of Utah for coming back and beating the TCU Horned Frogs 13-10 last night and keep our hopes of a BCS Bowl Game alive. Now it's down to just the Aztecs & those damnable BYU Cougars. GO UTES!!! Oh…and the Broncos game was pretty good last night with the comeback win over the Browns (and just horrible defense by the Browns) but that's not the real big news out of the NFL today because...

Hef Loses Girl to an Eagle - One of Hugh Hefner's live-in girlfriends is trading the grotto for the gridiron. The Playboy mogul said in a statement Thursday that "The Girls Next Door" co-star Kendra Wilkinson is engaged to Philadelphia Eagles receiver Hank Baskett (he's like 5th string). The 23-year-old model-actress has lived with Hefner since 2004 and currently co-stars as one of his three girlfriends in the E! reality series. The Hef said, "I have given her my blessing and will be giving her away at a very special wedding ceremony at the Playboy Mansion this coming June." Holy crap!!! What would it be like to have your wedding at THE Mansion? The 82-year-old publisher's love life has been in flux this last month, starting with "No. 1" girlfriend Holly Madison calling it quits…but luckily because Hef is Hef, he has 19-year-old twins Karissa and Kristina Shannon currently living there along with Bridget. Anyway, congratulations on your engagement Hank & Kendra. I'm sure it'll be a bitchin' wedding…and don't forget your buddies…who always promote Playboy and the Eagles on their blog.


This Week in Pooh - A sketch by Winnie the Pooh illustrator E.H. Shepard titled "Tiggers Don't Like Honey" fetched 31,200 pounds ($49,770) at auction Tuesday, well above the pre-sale estimate of 15,000 to 20,000 pounds. Bonhams auction house said the drawing, of Pooh dipping his paw into a honey pot while Tigger and Piglet look on (why does that sound hot to me?), was bought by a private collector in Germany for his wife who had loved the characters as a child (See? Germans have a Pooh fetish!!!). The large oval pencil drawing is an enlarged version of an illustration that appeared in A.A. Milne's children's classic "The House at Pooh Corner." A sketch drawn for another of Shepard children's books, the Wind in the Willows, sold for 7,440 pounds ($11,842). The drawing outlines Rat and Mole having a picnic on the riverbank. The sale also included items from the collection of Peter Rabbit creator Beatrix Potter, including a letter in which the author expressed her dislike of the merchandising of her character. "There is nothing to be made of 'Peter' commercially," she wrote. "There have been dolls, china slippers, etc. for years — they bring in royalties; but somehow I never care for any of them." The 1936 letter is addressed to dollmakers Elizabeth and Edith Todhunter, two sisters Potter entrusted to make Mr. McGregor and Peter Rabbit figures. The Potter collection also included a signed first edition of "The Tailor of Gloucester," which tells the story of a poor tailor, his cat, and the mice that live in his shop. The lot sold for 3,840 pounds ($6,124) which was surprisingly…but only because there was no Harry included in the Potter Collection.


Balls of Steel - Authorities in Prescott, Arizona say a jogger attacked by a rabid fox ran a mile with the animal's jaws clamped on her arm and then drove herself to a hospital. The Yavapai County sheriff's office said the woman told deputies she was on a trail near Prescott on Monday when the fox attacked and bit her foot. She said she grabbed the fox by the neck when it went for her leg but it bit her arm. The woman wanted the animal tested for rabies so she ran a mile to her car with the fox still biting her arm, then pried it off and tossed it in her trunk and drove to the Prescott hospital. The sheriff's office says the fox later bit an animal control officer. He and the woman are both receiving rabies vaccinations. Now, this sounds too good to be true…but still, pretty damned impressive. Ran for a mile with an injured ankle…with a rabid fox locked onto your forearm…then finally prying it off your ravaged limb…and toss it into your trunk…then driving to the hospital. Lady jogger, you've got Balls of Steel…figuratively, of course. Silly me, if the fox kept attacking me, I would have attacked right back until one of us is a hide hanging on my wall or a bruised & battered piece of taxidermal art (which I do understand). The rabies test can be done postmortem, right? It doesn't matter, I'd still need those shots…and then I'd have a centerpiece to tell my tale of triumph over nature…


"There I was…a brisk autumn morning…alone in the desert, doing my morning jog. When out of nowhere, this GIANT rabid fox…pounced on me like a fiery beast from Hell…and like a skilled marksman…took out my Achilles tendon. Oh…but he would find that I was no easy sitting prey…for then he attacked my face…or looking back, possibly my jugular, going straight for the kill…and with cat-like reflexes, I stuck up my arm…and he locked on like a vice grip…tossing and tearing my flesh with his foamy, razor-sharp knives lining his jaws. It was at this instant, that I realize what I had to do. Armed only with a pair of Nikes, some Under Armour shorts and what God gave me…I grabbed a nearby rock and smashed it against his head…but the rock shattered against his skull…damn sandstone…and it only drove his fangs DEEPER into my arm…luckily my mind had shut off the pain at this point…so I just continued grabbing rock after rock and smashing it and smashing it again and again, I forget how many times…as I was losing a lot of blood. It was at this point…that I knew the only way to get this animal off of me…was to rip it off…piece by piece if needs be." It's at this point where my story would get really graphic…and eventually end up with me stopping by the taxidermist, then the hospital. However, that's just something stupid that I wrote up in about five minutes bored as hell. Hope you enjoyed it…and if you ever wanna see me reenact it, complete with both hand and full body gestures, possibly using the aid of a nearby stuffed animal…you know where I live. Come visit the Mile High City. In the meantime, I can only think of one Fox that I'd like biting my arm...



Well, that oughta do it for me for today. Not a whole lot going on this weekend for me…but I'll be doing some overtime for another department which should be interesting…and I've got laundry to do…and who knows? With the nights starting earlier every day, I may just have to go see what an tall, attractive, well-to-do young man can do no a Saturday night in Denver. Wish me luck, huh? Have a great weekend everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?