Sunday, November 2, 2008

What the Hell is NaBloPoMo?

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, apparently November is National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) in which it is suggested that everybody that does a blog, post every day this month. Since I pretty much do that anyway, I think I'll take that challenge. I also seem to remember Amber mentioning a while ago that it's NaNoWriMo or National Novel Writing Month...in which you write a 50,000 word novel between November 1st and 30th...or an average of about 1700 words a day...which is really only like 8 pages per day. That's doable, right? Well, I'm not going to do that. Why? Because I write enough on this thing...and frankly, I obviously don't have an intriguing story to tell that would necessitate printing upon some 250 pages for a novel. Sure, my memoirs one day may intrigue others...but honestly, have you read this thing? I'd be babbling on about pointless incidences in my life, throwing in a few crazy news bits, maybe a movie list (though I haven't done one in a LONG time), some crackpot scheme about taking over the world using an army of pandas, tigers, and monkeys, starring Milla Jovovich, Megan Fox, Elisabeth Shue, or whoever else I have a crush on at the time...and after all that, it'd only be the first chapter...and you've already taken the book back to Barnes & Noble along with your receipt to get a copy of that new romance novel by author Dick Shunary (possible nom de plume if I do decide to write a novel someday).


Anyway, since we've last spoken I have turned my apartment into a nice little habitate for me. All the crap has been stored appropriately, the limited furniture has been arranged in a way pleasing to me, and the only thing that I really need to do...is hang up some pictures on the walls, get a nice couch/sofabed to give people a place to sit, and I thought about putting pictures of my friends & family using all these picture frames that I have...but then I realize that I don't have real pictures of my friends and family...so if you'd like to send me some, feel free to and I'd be happy to place your fascade on my mantle. Anyway, without further ado, here are some pictures of the apartments as it stands right now...still in progress later today...but football's on now and the Eagles game is just starting...but I'll probably have to watch the frackin' Cowboys game.

Coming in the door, here's what you see...
Scooby greets you at the door, closet on your right
Here's the Living Room
Look at all the space I have to work with here
Need a good sofabed or something...but the wall
on the right is where the projector screen will be
Back towards the center of the apartment
DVD Tower, little case for family pictures and stuff
I'm thinking my Norma Jean & Jimmy Dean posters
above the shelves on that left wall...
The Entertainment Center
Complete with Nintendo, PS3, 5-disc DVD player
hooked up to the surround sound system
Also knick-knacks from my travels around the world
Now to the Bedroom
Not sure what to put in the display cases other
then my high school & college degrees
Turn left into the Walk-In Closet
Not bad considering...and those cardboard cut-outs
on the right will be out of there soon, probably living room
Yes, those are swords...and they're also strategically placed
throughout the house...just in case...
CD player, television, Super Nintendo, VCR,
camcorder with tripod, and there'll eventually be a
big mirror on that right wall. Oh...and the dresser's full.
What's that blaring light out the windows though?
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the view.
Did I mention that I love this view? Especially at night...ladies.
Oh...and some more news, my mom, stepdad, brother, sister-in-law, and my nieces and nephew may be coming to Denver for Thanksgiving weekend. It's still in the planning stages...but my mom called yesterday and said that they may be coming to town to see the new apartment (but more than likely stay at a hotel since seven people in a one-bedroom is a little cramped...even stuffing the kids in my walk-in closet. If this works out, I'll let you know...but that would be awesome. I know my mom really worries about me out here by myself...but my dad did too...but when he came out here and saw my situation, it really relieved him. Sure, I expect them to still call me every day (which they didn't really do when I lived in the same state...but it's nice) but it'd be nice to put my mom at ease...and to show the family a good time for Turkey Day, maybe go take the young'uns to see some dinosaurs or the adults to LoDo bars or really anything.


Anyway, that'll do it for today. Like I said, the Eagles are playing...and they'd better beat the Seahawks. Hopefully they're feeling some of that Philly momentum from the Phillies winning the world series...and the Philadelphia Soul winning the Arena Bowl during the summer. It's only a matter of time. Have a great day everybody!!! Happy NaBloPoMo!!!

2 comments:

Nick Pappas said...

I think I'll start a NaDoPoNo month, or National Don't Post Nothing.

I'll make sure it coincides with National Bad Grammar Month...

$teve said...

NaDoWhaDaHeUWaDoMo - National Do Whatever Da Hell You Wanna Do Month...though it sounds like some kind of Navajo rainchant...

NaTataPoMo - National Tata Posting Month...to raise Breast Cancer Awareness. Post a picture of breasts every day for a month (tasteful of course) just to remind everybody why we donate...to save the tatas. :)

Where Should I Go Next?