Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just to Keep Up With NaBloPoMo

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Nothing much has really happened since last entry. I went to the gym...and the only class was a late Yoga class...so I decided to just shoot some hoops, run on the stair machine for twenty minutes, do the arm row thing (I have no idea what it's called...but it's like doing the Rocky Speed Bag but with resistance) for about fifteen...and then just call it a short day. I wasn't feeling too well anyway. Then I watched a few movies...because I'm doing Netflix again...because the nearest Blockbuster's like twenty minutes away.


The other night, I watched "Four Brothers" with Marky Mark (of the Funky Bunch), R&B singer Tyrese, Andre 3000 (of Outkast), and some guy named Garrett Hedlund playing the brothers. Funny thing is...in the story, Hedlund was the only one in a band. Terence Howard's in it too. This movie was highly recommended to me by the lovely Bubbles...like over a year ago when we had Movie Nights (miss those madly) but because I wanted to watch it with her...we never got around to it before she moved to Vegas. It was surprisingly good. It's a John Singleton movie...but not exactly the same "growin' up in da hood" story that I'm used to with his stuff. There's actually a pretty intense car chase, shootout scenes, lots of action, one-liners, family heart, great story of revenge and putting it all on the line for the ones you love...and let me tell you, I've seen a lot of movies with actor Chiwetel Ejiofor ("Serenity", "Love Actually", "Inside Man", etc.) and he's usually a very proper British kind of guy...but in this movie, he's an EXTREMELY convincing kingpin of Detroit's underworld...and a little gangsta surprisingly. I'd highly recommend checking this out. Thanks Bubbles. Still a little sad that I couldn't see it with ya...but another time.


Last night, I (finally) watched the new "Get Smart" remake starring Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway (hotchuma hotchuma), the Rock, Alan Arkin, and Terence Stamp. It was exactly what I expected. Funny at times...and a little drawn out stupid at times...but it was still pretty fun to watch. "Did you see anything while I was dancing?" "Yeah...but I don't think you were expecting it. He lifted you really high." Classic. I still like the old TV series better...and even Johnny English was pretty good (same thing...but with Mr. Bean instead of the 40-year old virgin) and I was glad to see a familiar face with a cameo - crazy former middle linebacker Bill Romanowski who played the Air Marshall. Oh...and Bill Murray's apparently in it for a second too...but still, Romanowski.


Well, that'll do it for today. Like I said, really not a whole lot going on...but I'll be making some extra cash tonight helping out another department again. It should be fun...and profitable. I hope that you're all having a great weekend...and if not, gimme a call. I'll do what I can to help out. Have a great weekend everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?