Thursday, November 6, 2008

Batman's Life is Full of Complexity

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Today was my second day of Orientation for my new job...and it was pretty cool. A lot of bigwigs in the company who I had met earlier in the week or the week before were saying hi and referring to me as an "expert" and "intrigal part of our team" and stuff like that. It was awesome. I had been referred to like that before at my old job...but by friends & colleagues that I had known since I was a teenager usually...not my boss' boss' boss' boss who met me in passing a few times. My ego was thoroughly stroked...and it feels even better than it sounds. Anyway, I'm really liking the new job...and I'm even helping out by working in another department on Saturday for a few hours. I've always been eager to help out and do a great job...but now it seems like I'll be rewarded for it and in time, progress through the company...if I so choose. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted...and in the meantime, maybe I'll write a smut novel or something on the side to make ends meet...or at least give me some vacation money. Oh...and keep up this blog...here's some news...


Fat Bottomed Girls - It is widely known and sung that fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round. Now there's some evidence to back it up a bit. A new study suggest that overweight and obese women have more sex than skinny types. The research is based on data on more than 7,000 women collected in the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth. The new analysis looked at the relationship between body mass index and sexual orientation, age of first intercourse, number of partners and frequency of intercourse. The results seem to contradict stereotypes that overweight and obese women have less sex. If anything, the researchers said, the opposite seems to be true. Researchers suspect the stereotype could mean overweight women get different messages than thinner women from physicians regarding pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease prevention, and that their sexual behavior might therefore vary. The article goes on with more of the details if you're interested, so yeah. Everybody likes big girls. Hell, I like 'em all. Fat ones, skinny ones, ones that climb on rocks. Small ones, tall ones, even ones with chickenpox...but this study isn't about me...it's about all of us...and I have that Queen song stuck in my head now.


Berlin Hilton? - Germany's wealthiest woman, and one of its most discreet, has gone public with a tale of how a lover filmed their hotel trysts and demanded millions of euros not to reveal them. Munich state prosecutors confirmed on Tuesday that they were pursuing a case against a man accused of blackmail by Susanne Klatten, a member of the Quandt family, famous in Germany not only as the leading shareholders in car-maker BMW but also for their low public profile. The mass-circulation daily Bild said Klatten, a 46-year-old married mother-of-three, had first met the 43-year-old Swiss at a hotel bar. It said he had described himself as a multilingual special envoy for war zones, although in reality he sold chicken at a fast food stand (always have a good cover story). Later meetings, including hotel-room rendezvous, were secretly filmed by an accomplice and used in an attempt to extort 40 million euros ($51 million), the paper said. A spokesman for Klatten said the pictures had been taken in late 2007. "Afterwards, the blackmailer asked for an advance of several million euros and later tried to get a far higher amount.


Newspapers reported that he had defended his actions, saying he wanted to avenge his Jewish grandfather's forced labor in Klatten's family's factories during the war. The Quandt dynasty had close ties to the Nazi party and built its fortune supplying German army and railway worker uniforms. Klatten's grandfather's first wife went on to marry Nazi propaganda chief Joseph Goebbels. The family recently pledged a full investigation after a television program revealed that forced labor had been used in their factories as part of the Nazi war effort. Klatten's wealth is estimated by Forbes magazine at almost $10 billion, making her the 68th richest person in the world. Wow, this story has everything - Money, Lusty affairs, BMW's, Nazis, Swiss chicken salesmen, all it needs is some robots and a wise-talking sidekick for the investigator (played by Gary Oldman). Anyway, this like a German middle-aged Paris Hilton with three kids...so I thought I'd mention it...and it had Nazis.


Buy Your Own Batcave on eBay - Steve Rush is auctioning off the Mystic Caverns in the hills of Ozark Mountains on eBay. The 28-acre property in Arkansas includes a gift shop and three caves, two of which are safe enough for visitors (the third can be your secret lair). The bidding starts at $899,900, cut from Rush's original asking price of $1.2 million. Rush bought the property near Harrison in 1988 and began giving tours in 1992 to the two accessible caves, Mystic cavern and the Crystal Dome cavern. A third cave on his 28-acre property, Not Much Sink cavern, remains too dangerous for tours...but business has dropped since a nearby amusement park closed in the 1990s. Rush said the Mystic Caverns still get about 15,000 visitors each year. So if you're interested, check out eBay. It's there...and probably will be for a while...but you never know if a rebel billionaire will swing by and pick it up. I mean...Walmart's in Arkansas, right? Maybe one of the Walton kids wants to be a superhero.


Anyway, that'll do it for me for tonight. There's a football game about to start. Have a great day everybody...and I hope that you all are inspired to do your best every day. If not, gimme a call and maybe I can help you out. Peace!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?