Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not Just a Good Friend, THE BEST

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Bienvenue a New Orleans (or something like that). This really isn't a big update. I just wanted to let you all know that Filly and I (and her three cats) made it here safely...and I never want to drive or ride in a car again...but that'll probably change in a few days. Well, to sum up the past few days, Sunday involved a drive from Denver to Utah (normally 8 hours...but this one was more around 16) that involved me driving through a blizzard...with a brief stint stuck in Cheyenne because all the roads were closed in and out...sharing the backseat of a truck with two screaming babies...just to get back to Slick City...so that I could miss out on an afternoon with friends & family before heading out on our mystical journey. Monday, an 18 hour day in the moving van (with car towed) driving from Slick City through Moab, the entire state of New Mexico (in the dark) and ending up in Amarillo, Texas. Tuesday was a 16 hour day in the van from Amarillo, through the great state of Texas (nothing cool to see during the day) then the entire state of Louisiana (in the dark) and getting to our hotel early in the morning...just in time to spend the next hour trying to hide the Uhaul from thieves...but luckily there was a wonderful cop nearby to help us out. Now, this is just a brief summary...and I may go into the pictures and horrifying details later on...but yeah, we made it safely...and are still in the process of finding Filly a place to live (or at least dump her stuff out of the Uhaul) before I go...so I extended my stay here in New Orleans a few more days.

So...when somebody says "$teve, thank you. You're a good friend." "Correction. In all humility, I am the BEST friend." Seriously though, I'm there for my peeps...and I think that's why good Karma comes back around to me. I mean...I did the same thing for Bubbles when she moved back in Vegas (a lot easier and less time consuming of a drive then) and I've helped MANY friends move...which I personally hate to do, so I understand what they're going through. That's just what a good friend is for though...to be there in your time of need...at least that's what I think anyway. Well, I'm going to get a good night's sleep for the first time in over a week...so I'll bid you all adieu...and suggest that you check out Lilie's new blog and hear about her California adventure. I would've helped her too...but that's what her man's for. Just kiddin' Lilie (since I know you're one of the few people who actually read my gibberish). Have a great day everybody...and I'll update you with pictures and details...well, when I get home or something this weekend. We'll see. Au revoir!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?