Sunday, September 28, 2008

Isaiha's Wedding

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Yesterday, I went over to my dad's so that we could carpool over to my buddy Isaiha's wedding later in the day. My dad was fixing the wall of a greenhouse in his backyard so I helped him with that for a few hours and got it taken care of for him. After that, we left just in time to get to the wedding about an hour drive away. The drive there was nice though...through Weber Canyon and over Trapper's Loop to the beautiful city of Eden. Here are some pictures...

The wedding was held at Wolf Creek and was a beautiful location. Isaiha's been my buddy for over twenty years now...but since I moved out here to Slick City, I haven't seen him or his family as much as I used to...so I was seeing a few people there for the first time in well over a decade. For example, his sister Tonya used to babysit me...and that was about the last time that I saw her. She was there. His mom's had a crush since I was about twelve years old (and don't think that I remind him that I could be his stepdad if really wanted to). She was there. Good times. Here are some pictures of the ceremony, which his brother Jake performed.
My brother & his family, all dressed up
"DEAD MAN WALKING!!!"
Isaihia & Jake
Isaiha's mom & brother Thomas
The kids - Isaiha, jr. & Seria
Father of the Bride & Arwen, my new "sister-in-law"
The first kiss as Husband & Wife
That sum'bich stole my idea of the playing
Oh well, congratulations to the newlyweds!!!

The reception afterwards was a lot of fun. The groom and groomsmen were all hanging on the balcony drinking and smoking and having a great time. It was just like any other weekend...but with a better dress code. His brother Andy (Spitsofrantic), Jake, my brother, we were all there just BS'ing and talking about "back in the day" stories, marriage, relationships, football, whatever. Great times. Here are some more pictures...
The Best Man's speech
Isaiha, Andy, & Jake
First Dance
The Cat Fight
Smoke Break
Isaiha & my dad

After all that, I came back home and watched some more "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and that show is hilarious. I highly recommend it to anybody looking for a laugh. Other than that, nothing much to tell. So much stuff to do to get ready for Denver. Oh...and sorry there are no pictures of me in my suit...but have patience. You'll get to see the goods one day. Arrangements for the Going Away Party are being squared away too...but I should have them ironed out by tomorrow. Saturday night is about the only certainty. Prepare yourselves for a night of fun, excitement, and debauchery in honor of one of the greatest Americans of our time...ME!!! Okay, so it's just an excuse to get drunk & grabby. I'M GOING TO DENVER!!! Have a great day everybody!!!

2 comments:

JLee said...

Congrats to your friend and congrats to YOU on your new job!! How exciting!

$teve said...

Thanks Jlee!!! I'm excited too. Feel these nips...you can cut glass with 'em. :)

Where Should I Go Next?