Sunday, October 12, 2008

Of Course, Now It's Snowing

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, it officially snowed now here in the Wasatch Valley. Of course...because it's more inconvenient for me to move since they delayed a month or so on technicalities. Suck. Oh well, again I'll just have to adapt to the situation...and hope that it doesn't start to blizzard or anything until I'm done moving. Suck, suck, suck. Yesterday was more packing...then I hung out with Filly for a few hours and we had lunch at this cool restaurant in West Valley called Gossip Tapioca Pudding that had this Bubble Tea stuff with tapioca in the smoothies...and some great Vietnamese food...in a pretty impressive atmosphere too. I would highly recommend it to anybody looking for some good food...at a great price...and maybe trying to impress a lady. No need to thank me gentlemen, just pay it forward. I had a bowl of vermacelli noodles with pork and a Vietnamese egg roll...and the serving size was quite large...and it was only about ten bucks for the bowl AND a bubble tea (white chocolate banana with coconut). Thanks for the suggestion, Filly. After that, I wasn't feeling too well so I did a little packing...but then basically rested (in & out of napping) and watched some Heroes episodes. I'm about half way through season two now. Cool little show. I like it.

Today, I'm heading over to my dad's to get my car tuned up & ready to go...since I'll probably be putting about three thousand miles on it by Halloween with trips back & forth from Denver to move there. I'll also be turning in my badge and gun at work today. Oh...and I also may have a place to stay while I'm looking for apartments. Filly's aunt lives there...and I don't want to intrude or anything...but I may be talking to her and seeing if I can stay there for a few days. Then again, I also have a pretty good backup plan right in downtown too...so I may be doing that. I don't know. It'll get figured out pretty quickly. Either way, I'm covered...and that's cool. Anyway, enough about that stuff.

I may not end up having a yard sale...but if you're interested in a Sony Playstation 2 ($20?) or a free sofabed or a free white leather loveseat or a bunch of extra long denim pants or polo shirts, please let me know...and I'd be happy to hook you up. They won't be making the trip to Denver. I'm gonna have to get some new furniture...and it's basically clothes that I haven't worn in years. Otherwise, they'll be going to the DI. Great deal on the PS2 though. Anyway, here's the news...

Elvis Update - The spawn of Elvis, Lisa Marie Pressley (by the way, only picture I could find with a semi-smile) is a mom again. The 40-year-old singer gave birth Tuesday to twin girls, whose names were not released. One baby weighed 5 pounds, 15 ounces and the other came in at 5 pounds and 2 ounces. The statement says "babies and mom are happy and healthy and resting at home." Presley is married to music producer Michael Lockwood and has a 19-year-old daughter and a 15-year-old son by a previous marriage. Congratulations!!!

Immaculate Consumption - Speaking of conception, scientists using DNA testing have confirmed the second-known instance of "virgin birth" in a shark -- a female Atlantic blacktip shark named Tidbit that produced a baby without a male shark. The shark came to the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Centre in Virginia Beach not long after being born in the wild and lived there for eight years with no males of the same species, said Beth Firchau, the aquarium's curator of fishes. The 5-foot (1.5-metre) shark died after being removed from the tank for a veterinary examination, and a subsequent necropsy revealed that Tidbit was carrying a fully developed shark pup nearly ready to be born. Demian Chapman, a shark scientist with the Institute for Ocean Conservation Science at Stony Brook University in New York state, performed DNA testing that showed the pup had no father. Virgin birth such as this is known as parthenogenesis. A year ago, Chapman used genetic testing to confirm that a hammerhead shark at a zoo in Omaha gave birth to a pup in 2002, also after parthenogenesis...which has also been documented in Komodo dragons, snakes, birds, fish and amphibians. How the sharks do it is unclear...but as you may have guessed, I have theories. So-called scientists may think it's hormones triggering this asexual reproduction (where's the fun in that?) but I think...there are either some really sneaky sharks, perhaps a guppie "swam up in there" and planted his seed to make some kind of new shark breed, or perhaps...this would have been THE REAL JESUS FISH!!! For decades, people have had bumper stickers foretelling this prophecy...and now, it has come to pass...but this Second Coming of the Jesus Fish was not to be. Perhaps what I'm spewing is just sacrilege...and I should go to church and give a couple Hail Tidbits and call it a night.

Well, that'll do it for today. Kind of a short one, I know...but that's probably how it's going to be for the next few weeks. Don't be offended. I just have a bunch of other stuff to do...and apparently my new employer has no intentions of making it easy for me...but whatever, as long as they pay me...and I don't have to whack a guy, off a guy, or whack off a guy, we should be okay. Have a great day everybody!!!

2 comments:

JLee said...

Jesus Fish! lol
I may be interested in the PS2. I wonder how much shipping would be?

$teve said...

If you're for real, just let me know and it's yours. I'm not sure how shipping works for something like that either. Sorry, I don't have an eBay account or anything like that. :)

Where Should I Go Next?