Monday, October 6, 2008

Going Away Party Pics

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, my pictures for the party as well as the rest of the day can be found HERE courtesy of the One Day Photo Project. It's worth a gander...and if anybody else out there has pictures of my party, I would greatly appreciate copies. There were lightbulbs going off like paparazzi on me (and even some partial nudity) but I really don't have any pictures of me with my peeps. Thanks again for coming to the party everybody.

So yeah, as reported yesterday, my morning was spent eating bread and drinking Gatorade...and then after watching football for a few hours (damn Eagles lost again...this time to the Racists), I got a text from Bone Junior and we decided to meet up for a meal at Red Robin to exchange back "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and have a good time. Indeed good times were had...and the best part was...I didn't have to pay. Okay, so that wasn't the best part at all...but it was the most surprising part. Take it from me ladies, when a gentleman has his meal paid for by a beautiful woman, it's awesome!!! Anyway, we talked more about movies, Elvis, Nicolas Cage, job drama, etc. and it was a great way to spend an hour or so in the afternoon. Thanks for meeting up, Bone Junior.

After that, I returned calls to my mom and sister (I'm not going to answer the phone when I'm talking about Elvis) and decided to give my dad a call to see what he was up to. Apparently there was another leak in the basement so he was cleaning that up. I offered to go help him out and watch the Steelers & Jaguars play football. During the slow times in the game, we talked about Denver and he was trying to reassure me...but it was unnecessary because I'm ready to go...just don't know when they want me there. It's...well, you've been reading. It's an odd situation...but I think it's just a matter of technicalities before I'll be there. Maybe even later this week. I hope to find out in the next few hours...because that would be awesome. If not, they may just have to wait until I'm damn good and ready...because that's how I roll.

After the game, my dad wanted to watch "American Gangster" on HBO. While seeing how much money was being made in the drug trafficking industry, I thought to myself "Am I in the wrong business?" As you may know, I think about robbing banks and selling drugs and other get rich quick schemes full of danger and graphic violence...but I wouldn't actually do it. I'd like to think that I could be a cool, charismatic and charming druglord like Denzel though. I don't know, maybe. Just in a different job title maybe. Instead of druglord...maybe entrepreneur...or game show host...or masseuse to the stars...or non-profit gigolo. Wait, profit was exactly why I wanted to do this. Maybe I wanna drop that part and just whore myself out. Nyeh, I'll figure it all out. So yeah, great flick if you haven't seen it.

That'll do it for today. Gonna make some calls and get the low down on the Denver situation. I'm pretty chill about the whole situation...but that doesn't mean that I'm obviously thinking about it all the time. Starting new in a city that I barely know, in a job situation that's just gotten really confusing the past week, leaving behind all my family & friends, really trying not to think about that part, the logisitics of moving my crap there & extra crap elsewhere, learning a completely new job, making sure my wardrobe's sofresh so clean, all that and more. Anyway, have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?