Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Learning More Every Day

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Last night, the snow didn't come to my deck of the woods...and it doesn't appear anything within my view either...but it was just a cool, crisp, picturesque night...as these pictures will undoubtedly concur. These are of my new apartment (now bare) and the surrounding area when I went on a run to Walgreen's for essentials like TP. By the way, did I also mention that there is a 7-Eleven directly across the street from me? Because that's kind of an awesome thing if I ever have a Slurpee fix. Anyway, here are some pictures...

16th Street Mall
An Empty Living Room
Consider this the "Before" Picture
Like I said last night, it's like a reverse starry night...
Sunrise in the morning...

Today at work was more learning experiences and getting to know coworkers. I also did some work with two of my favorite bands today. Now, I can't tell you who they are...but just think of the greatest rock bands EVER...and you're probably right. Did I mention that my new job feeds me lunch? I really can't remember what I've told you...but yeah, they feed us. We had Chicken Cordon Bleu (pronounced in proper French, Lilie) and all the fixin's...plus pumpkin pie cake for somebody's birthday (have yet to meet them). It was sweet. Nikki wasn't feeling too good...so she went home a little early but I was more than ready to cover for her...for an hour at the end of the day. I'm learning the stuff pretty well, I think...but I'm sure that I'm bugging the hell out of her & Boss Man J...but they'll get used to it...and I'll get used to it...then they'll long to hear my sweet voice...like all the wonderful people back in Utah, right?


Sadly, other than that, I really haven't done that much today. I did wear my nice chocolate brown ensemble (I think official it's some kind of brown pinstripe suit, tribal tan dress shirt, and multi-brown tie with Italian cow shoes & belt...but I call it my chocolate brown ensemble...because it's diverse & delicious). Here are some pictures that I took today when I got bored...sorry about the lighting...but apparently my apartment is a former hotel suite with no ceiling lights in the bedroom or living area, so the lights are in the kitchen, bathroom, and walk-in closet until I get them moved this weekend.

Coors Field is RIGHT THERE!!!
Took a picture of the kitchen while it was clean
Just water in Mountain Dew bottles, not even booze yet
Borrowed the towel from T-Skittle
Best picture that I could get of the Chocolate Brown Ensemble
and it's blurry as hell, I tried a bunch of times too...
Okay, here's the bed waiting for me back in Utah...
...and where I laid my head last night. Hot, right?
Walk-In Closet space is awesome
Teaser to my suits...but you can see some of the ties
Italian Cow Shoes, size 14 with matching belt
Daniels & Fisher Tower on 16th Street
Did I mention I love the view?

P.S. Speaking of moving this weekend, if any of you would like to come help or just hang out, I'll be in Slick City late Friday night, packing all day Saturday (maybe swinging by my niece's 2nd birthday party time permitting), and Sunday morning I'm driving back in a U-Haul. Holla if you wanna wang.


That should do it for me tonight...but I miss you all madly back in Utah. I know that my former job had their first supervisor meeting in over five years without me (save those random trips to China, etc.) but I'm sure that they had fun without me. If not, come on down to Denver. We'd love to have ya. Have a great night everybody!!!

5 comments:

j.l. clyde said...

actually the meeting went a little like this...

all of us: "gee, i sure am glad steve's gone."

the rest of us: "you're telling me! now we can party!"

then we all went "woo!" and we danced and we danced and we danced. we called it the "thank god steve is finally gone" dance. it was beautiful.

you know i'm kidding, right? in reality, all of us were really sad. there were even tears. heart-wrenching tears. from the soul. but then lilie gave us pumpkins cookies - which cheered us up a bit.

Girl In A Gi said...

Wow...one blurry picture of a pimp-looking suit. Oh, how you tease! Congrats on the move and first few days at work rockin'! Also, when I saw the view from your new place I almost wet myself. True story.

$teve said...

P-Monkey, I am a bit of a tease (though on my facebook I've been called a whore) and I know EXACTLY what you mean about the view. Who needs a woman and/or sexbot with a view like that? :)

JL Clyde, all the other coworkers at thatmeeting, I mean this from the bottom of my heart, Goddamn the whole lot of you...but the exact opposite. :)

Jewels said...

Ok so the views from your apartment make me want to move to Denver. Then I remember the hell that is cold weather, black ice and snow and love that fact I'm in 90 degree weather in October. :) So proud of you by the way, new job, new digs and smoking new suits!

$teve said...

Jewels, that's why I live next door to where I work, so that I don't have to deal with the weather. Then again, I'm also the kind of guy who, last night for example, will drink a coke slurpee in 40 degree weather. :)

Thanks for being proud of me. I'm really enjoying the newness of it all right now.

Where Should I Go Next?