Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fantastic Voyage II: Electric Boogaloo

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Sorry that I didn't blog yesterday (Lilie) but as I mentioned before, it's going to be a bit of a hectic time for me the next few weeks...so please don't expect consistent reports...though I do plan on telling you what I remember happened (possibly with visual confirmation) when / if I remember to blog...but moving is really a pain the testicles. Let's see, I last left you when I was just about to go to my dad's house to work on my car. Well, Sunday I did that...and the main fixin's were done within about twenty minutes...which was good because it was done during the twenty minutes between snow flurries. Then while it precipitated for a few hours, we watched some of the best football games televised in our region in a long, long time. First up was a game between Da Bears & the Falcons (oh yeah, they still have a team). It was a great game down to LITERALLY the very last second. I can't believe that I was actually cheering for the Falcons. It was weird. Watch the highlights on Sportscenter if you like sports. There were FIVE games that went down to the last seconds in one day. It was quite amazing really. Anyway, then after that I borrowed my dad's shampooer and cleaned out my car for the nice long trip to Denver. We also hung out and he told me how much he was going to miss me and how proud he was of me and all that usual dad stuff. I'm gonna miss him too. Like my brother, I'm basically his only friend too. It's not because he's an A-hole or anything...just that he's married...and has been for a long time...so naturally all his friends have either been scared off or been married as well.

After that, JL Clyde & I hung out and started out watching "Leprauchaun in the Hood" but quickly decided it was stupid even for a Leprauchaun movie...so then we watched "Screamers" starring Peter Weller...and little did I know, was based on a short story by Philip K. Dick which I am proud to say is an author that I knew about and JL Clyde didn't. I know, right? How does that happen? Anyway, it was a pretty ridiculous little sci-fi thriller about the universe in the year 2078 or something on some distant planet where they mine this element called Berynium or something...but it starts this whole war...and there's these robot things that were supposed to help keep the peace or something...but they evolved and revolted or something. It was kind of hard to follow the story because I was laughing at it so hard and kept saying stuff like "HE'S the robot. He's Robocop!!!" For those who don't know, Peter Weller is the actor that played Robocop...and I don't recognize him because of his distinctive chin...but because of the few scenes where they take Robocop's visor thing off...and I was one of the unfortunate people who watched The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai Across the 8th Dimension. Another movie that he did. Anyway, check it out if you want...but if not, you're not missing anything. Then we watched a few episodes of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" then I had to kick her out because it was 2 AM. Sorry ma'am. I know you need your Charlie fix...but I don't want you to OD.

Monday, I woke up a little early because I had to take my car to El Tigre to get the brights switch in my steering column changed out before I went to Denver (because I'd probably need them there eventually). I also had to run around and get some boxes & bins for packing and storing all my crap that I hadn't boxed yet. Then I went back home because my mom was meeting up with me to help out...and that she did. After a few hours, I had to do some more running around like donate all my old clothes to Deseret Industries (Utah's Goodwill equivalent), turn in my badge & gun at work, talk to HR about how my transition to the new job is going to go, then go pick up my car from El Tigre...but then find out that my radiator had suffered a major crack in the past few days so it was leaking pretty bad, so then I had to take it back to El Tigre...and they'll fix it...but it may push back my departure date for Denver another day. It just really depends on when then finish it up tomorrow. Hopefully it's done by noon or so...but if it gets to be 3 or 4, I may just wait until Wednedsay morning to drive to Denver. I've got a few days window so it's no big whoop. Oh, also my brother & his family decided that they were going to stop by to "help out" packing...but basically all they did for the first few hours was distract my mom while I wasn't there...and then having a few babies running around when I got there proved to be inconvenient...but we eventually got everybody fed & changed and got a lot of my stuff packed up and ready to go. A bit of a busy day really.

After they left, Lilie stopped by to talk for a bit about my move & all the exciting job offers that she's going to get over the next few weeks...and how the biggest worry in her life is going to be deciding which fabulous opportunity she wants to take advantage of. It was awesome. Thanks for stopping by, Lilie. Oh...and she thinks that my Quiz is rigged too...and she even has a tie for the high score. Go ahead and give it a shot. See how well you know the Doctor.

One of the things that I noticed while going through all my stuff for the move is all of the memories that come back when you look at a specific thing that you stashed away. Journals that you used to keep and remembering all the times that you stayed up writing nonsense in a primitive way like paper & ink before you could just type away at a hundred words a minute on your blog. Photo albums from your trips from Europe to Kansas City and everywhere in between. Shirts that you remember getting in high school (over a decade ago). Old birthday cards that you stashed away because you were so touched by them when you read them. Pictures of a friend that you hadn't thought about in years. A fondue pot that you bought a few years ago because you really wanted to impress a former girlfriend but you didn't want to spend over a hundred bucks at the Melting Pot (besides, dinners at home are more intimate anyway...but gratuities are still generously accepted). Of course, there's also a lot of stuff that you look at and go, "Why did I ever get this piece of junk?" or "I should've thrown this away years ago" or you stumble upon exquisite chocolates that were apparently put in a wrong box when you moved three years ago...but because chocolate doesn't expire, you enjoy those wonderful Mozartkugeln because you can't really find them anywhere in the States...and you think that even if you get an upset stomach, it'll be well worth it...because then you remember the first time you tried them on the hills of Salzburg singing "THE HILLS ARE ALIIIIIIIIVE!!! With the Sound of Muuuusiiiiiiic..." and how you vowed to get back there some time in your life...but next time you were bringing a lady with you...so you can both enjoy the fireflies on the hike back down after watching the sunset and having a picnic dinner of fondue & Mozartkugeln...because that's how you roll, dammit. You know, stuff like that. I assume that everybody goes through that when they move.

Anyway, despite all the trials & tribulations of the past month, I am very optimistic about this new adventure...and look forward to hopefully getting started later today. I'll try my best to keep you all updated as best I can with pictures of the drive along beautiful Wyoming (remember, I'll be driving though and the sun's only out for a few hours a day now), possibly some pictures of my prospective apartments, maybe even some pictures of me in my new suits that I've been promising for so long but nobody has been willing to take my picture (or watch me change...sorry P-Monkey), tales of my new job and city of residence, any random thoughts that I have along the way, maybe even finish up with more pictures from my Going Away Party last weekend. Here are a few that I got from The Mad Scientist, Cat, and Leeshy...with probably more on the way. This oughta hold you over until my next entry.
This picture creeps me out a bit.
I feel like it should say something along the lines of
Dr. Mookie Love
1981-2250
Non-profit Gigolo, Loving Son, King of the World

The Mad Scientist ROCKS!!!

Casanova really knows how to mix a drink
They're usually a little strong...just like he likes 'em

Cat, Leeshy, and people playing Rock Band

$teve on lead guitar with DJ on drums

$teve, Casanova, Sean, and the ghost of the Mad Scientist (left)

"Ayyyyyyy!!!"

$teve, Lilie, and Delicious Crepes with Nutella

Okay, Picture Quiz Time!!!
Did Lilie enjoy being lifted up for a picture (instead of
me having to slouch two feet about a dozen beers down)?
In this picture, she appears to be enjoying it...

In this picture, she may be screaming for the cops
You decide.

I don't have to be drunk to do my
"I Like Chicken" Dance...but it helps

Not sure what From Russia with Love is taking
a picture of...but I probably should've checked my fly!!!

$teve & Leeshy

The Drunk Scientist & Mickey
Thanks for stopping by...though I had to guilt trip ya

$teve & Di - "Ayyyyyy!!!"

BW & $teve
Her mom drove us home...thank God

$teve & the Ladies
As seen on my Facebook profile picture

Again, I'm going to miss you all madly...but I expect you all to come and visit me periodically (because you know that I can't make friends again, I'm just too lazy) and I'll be having a Housewarming Party some time next month (probably not Turkey Day weekend) so you'll have to start coordinating carpool situations so that you all can come visit...and have some High Point Beer in the Mile High City. Can't wait to tell you all about my fantastic voyage...but it hasn't quite happened yet. Au Revior...and wish me luck. Have a great day everybody!!!

P.S. Let me know if you want to help me move. There's a free ride to Denver in it for ya...but the ride back is on your own. :)

2 comments:

j.l. clyde said...

i'd help you move, but i've got to, um... wash my hair. oh, yeah, and there's that whole school thing i've got going on. good luck!

thanks for giving me my charlie fix. my only worry is that the withdrawals are going to be really bad. i'm getting the shakes, man. i'm getting the shakes.

$teve said...

Washing your hair is definitely more important than me finding a home, I understand. :)

Where Should I Go Next?