Saturday, October 4, 2008

GOING AWAY PARTY TONIGHT!!!

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Weird Week of Highs & Lows in Review:



  • After weeks of anticipation, finally offered a great job & accept offer

  • Family & friends are happy for me

  • Family & friends are sad that I'm going

  • Share a wonderful meal with a beautiful lady, Bone Junior

  • Buddy's Wedding

  • Seeing a lot of people I hadn't seen this millennium

  • Brother's Separation and subsequent drama

  • Brother's Thoughts of Moving On

  • Midnight showing of South Park movie with beer & nachos

  • A few days later, job offer rescinded on a technicality

  • After a few days of packing

  • Silence & ignorance in response to my questions about it

  • Watch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

  • Watch "The Land That Time Forgot"

  • Brother's Unseparation & subsequent drama

  • Watched "Heroes"

  • Angel Heart's getting remade

  • Last Day of work is full of heartfelt goodbyes

  • Last Day of work rescheduled for later in the month (?)

  • I'm now on the Facebook


Yesterday

Well, it started with my sister-in-law & brother calling...and basically saying that they've decided they want to move to Denver with me. Oh yeah, by the way, allegedly they're back together now...and want to move...because that would cause absolutely no stress on the relationship at all...and they can afford it...and they're not two of the craziest people that I know...and I would love to have them around me all the time...and sarcasm doesn't show up when you type it. Why do they want to move (besides their psychologist / marriage counselor moving there...in theory)? Apparently, when my brother tried to adopt my niece Kairi, the baby daddy (who hasn't been around at all the past 2.5 years) caused a fuss...and so now they want to run off to Denver. I basically told them to look into it...and figured when reality sits in, they'll realize how stupid of an idea it is. They're already fully aware that they're NOT going to be living in the same place as me. Oh...and then they had Kairi sing "London Bridge" to me. Cheap trick, right? Still didn't work.

To get my mind off the HR drama that is going on with my "new job", I watched "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" starring Jason Segel, Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Russell Brand (so THAT'S why he hosted the MTV Movie Awards). It's one of those movies "from the guys who brought you the 40-year old virgin" and it's more of the same. The story is about a nice guy musician (Segel) who's been dating this hot young actress (Bell) for about five years...and then she decides to move on...and he's devastated. After a few weeks of crazy behavior, his friend convinces him to take a vacation to Hawaii (perfect place to go to get over a breakup, right?) and lo and behold, he stays at the same hotel as his ex-girlfriend and her new musican boyfriend (Brand). Luckily, there's a hot Hawaiian front desk clerk who helps him out and shows him the time of his life...oh and there's a lot of dick & fart jokes to keep you entertained. I would highly recommend it if you like the other "40 year old virgin guy" movies like "Superbad".

Well, that only worked for a few hours...and then I had to find out what was going with my job...and basically it's looking extremely doubtful that I'm going to be working there on Wednesday...and if that's not the case, it may be another month or so before I start that job...pending they offer it to me when all the technicalities are taken care of. Alas, that is merely my speculation...because there are still no answers from anybody there...so yeah, just living day by day...and trying not to stress about it. It's easier than you might think...but that's only because I've got backup plans in place. I always do...because I typically don't trust anything involving employment until I see it in writing. I'd like to thank Boss Lady J, Boss Man B, and all the others out there helping me try to find out what's going on with this thing...and understanding my obvious confusion to the whole situation. You guys are great!

I got a call from my Aunt Pat (remember, the one I can't stand) and my 12-year old cousin Alicia is up at Shriners Hospital (nice place...for a hospital) because she's having some more leg and ankle surgeries. Luckily, I was already going up there to see her (because nobody else will weather Pat to see Alicia...so she usually doesn't have visitors) so I went to see her...but Pat wanted a bag of ice (not joking) so I picked that up along the way. I got up there...and basically Pat just wanted somebody that she could bitch at for an hour...because the doctors weren't listening to her anymore. It's not that...she really has anything to bitch about, she just really has to about every little thing...and I don't think that she really means to be bitching...it's just that it's like a natural involuntary reflex to her...like breathing or a heartbeat or something...just that her reflex is horrible communication skills. Being a former doctor, she thinks that she knows everything, so she would tell the doctors...and after a week they got tired of it. So while I'm there trying to talk to Alicia and say things like "Hey, how's it going, sweetie? Feeling any better? How's physical therapy going? That sucks...but we'll be tapdancing in no time" followed by a brief demonstration...but Pat would interrupt me midsentence with a new bitchy topic like talking about Sarah Palin or something...and I'd give her a look like "Are you serious? I'm trying to talk to my cousin here...because she needs a friend. You had your chance to talk while she was in therapy." Truly a frustrating hour...but it's all good because I made Alicia's day...and luckily she was tired so I had an excuse to let her get some sleep and get the f**k out of there.

So I was having a pretty stressful day at this point...and that's when people were calling to find out what's going on with the job...and of course I had to relive the whole week every time. It was good to here from my mom, my dad, Bubbles, JL Clyde, and everybody else. I actually went to bed a little early because I guess all the stress had sapped me a bit...but yeah, all in all, not a bad day.



  • Brother's decision to want to move to Denver

  • Watched "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"

  • Three days later, still no answers on the job

  • My Aunt Pat calls me the past few days

  • Go to see my cousin Alicia in Shriner's Hospital to wish her well

  • Pat won't shut up & let me talk to her

  • Reassuring calls from friends & family

  • Watched "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"


Plan for Today



  • One Day Photo Project (pictures coming soon)

  • College Football during the day

  • Probably watch some more "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"

  • Pre-party meal with a beautiful lady, Bone Junior

  • Going Away Party is tonight at my boss' house still

  • (Sigh) My aunt Pat is going to be there (save me)

  • Come see a man drink & dryhump his worries away


Have a great day everybody!!! Be sure to stop by the Going Away Party if you can. Can't wait to see ya there!!! Bring a designated driver...or I have the number for a cab company. Play safe y'all.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I am so bummed. Crosby decided to go to sleep at 7 tonight and D sleeps until he has to go to work ):

But I of course follow your life through the blog so what's missing? Telling you good luck in person, hearing you crack some jokes, seeing old friends from work (tell Jen hi if you get this!) and giving you a farewell hug (sending you one now)...

GOOD LUCK $TEVE!

I'll stay updated on when you (actually) get to Denver (:

$teve said...

Oh it's okay, Alisa. We're sorry not to see ya at the party...but it's okay. Our paths will cross again, I'm sure. :)

I'll be sure to follow your zany parenting adventures as well on your blog. :)

Where Should I Go Next?