Saturday, March 14, 2009

St Patty's Day Parade

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, this morning I woke up, was provided breakfast of eggs, muffin and fruit by my apartment complex (though hot water was still lacking...so I talked to somebody about it) and then went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade. Pop quiz: Where is the 2nd largest St. Patrick's Day Parade in America held? I'll give you a hint. It was also the hometown of Marilyn Monroe's character in "The Seven Year Itch". Give up? Denver, Colorado. That's right!!! Just behind New York City...but surprisingly ahead of Chicago (you know, where they die the lake green like in "The Fugitive"). How about that? It was so long...that I actually left about half way through...and over two hours into it. It basically ran from 10 AM to 2 PM on a beautiful sunny day...but not have any kids or a buzz, I got bored after a while. I went to Mardi Gras a few weeks ago (you may remember) and because I had a good buzz going...and it was later in the evening...and I had friends, I had no problem with 4-5 hours standing in a parade. Oh...and there were a lot more beads and trinkets being thrown our way. In fact, I had a lot of those beads on my person when I went (just the gold & green...but I even had a sh*tload of just those two colors).

Any idea why the St Patrick's Day Parade is so large in Denver? Beer...and whiskey...and lots of it. Okay, so it may have more to do with miners primarily being Irish and this being a central mining community or something...but I like my idea better...and I'm getting super psyched for Tuesday, the REAL St. Patrick's Day...when the Mad Scientist & From Russia With Love will be here...and we'll have a good old fashioned drunken good time...and I'll probably suffer all day at work on Wednesday...but I'll make it. Also, Pirate Monkey since I think you're a local around here, if you want in, let me know. In the meantime though, here's pictures from the parade.
Michael Collins Irish Whiskey Pipes & Drums
What's a St Patrick's Parade without...St Patrick himself?
"You'll never find me pot o' gold!!!"
St Patrick's Day is all about the bitches...
like Irish Wolfhounds...
and Irish Terriers...
and Irish Setters
Everybody do a jig!!!
Something about a redheaded female drummer...
Not sure why this picture was taken...but I may
have been trying to read her shirt very closely
Something you don't see in enough parades - Midriffs
What's a St Patty's Day Parade without...Darth Vader?
...or a Speeder?
...or a legion of Stormtroopers?
...or Boba Fett and some Sith lords?
...and a Tie Fighter?
"Hey look, Ronald McDonald is grabbing somebody's balls!!!"
Mmm, look at all that beef...
That's a great idea!!!
This looks like my queue to leave

Well, now I'm going to do some cleaning & laundry and all that fun stuff so that I can show off my apartment when the guests to the city arrive on Monday...or if a drunken lass tickles my fancy on Tuesday. I've always had a thing for redheads...and it's called my penis. Even if you're not Irish, don't be afraid to get out there, have a pint and dance a jig. I will...and I'm a European Mutt of everything except Irish (Czech, German, Scottish, Welsh and a dash of Ottawa). Have a great weekend everybody!!! Can't wait for St. Patty's Day. If only these guys weren't sold out. I could definitely fit the costume better. I have been working out. GREEN MAN!!!

2 comments:

Girl In A Gi said...

Um...how have I lived in Colorado for 20 years and NEVER gone to see the St. Patty's parade?? That giant leprechaun is the perfect mix of creep and awesome. I'm getting on that next year...
Thanks for the invite to get toasted on Tuesday but I have dinner plans with the in-laws...so enjoy a car-bomb for me!

$teve said...

Will do. I'm up to a car-bomb for Pirate Monkey, a Guinness for Jewels, and a shot for Bubbles. I'm already half way to faded for the evening. Anybody else want to me have a shot on their behalf? :)

Where Should I Go Next?