Saturday, May 30, 2009

Did You Just Grab My Ass?

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

The past few days have been pretty laid back. I watched Game 5 of the Cavs / Magic at my dad's the other day. Good close game up until the last few minutes when the Cavs won. Game 6 is tonight. Lakes are waiting for whoever in the Finals after they whipped the Nuggets into a fine paste last night. The job has been pretty good. Meeting new people, learning new things, doing a good job, and I got to spend a few hours yesterday at work getting paid to watch "Night at the Roxbury" for a party. You can't really beat that. Great, funny flick if you haven't seen it yet. So yeah, on the job front, still keeping an eye out, still have a plan for progression if I do stay here for a while, still liking the fact that I can have a social life if the proper planets align and the moon is in the 7th house. So ladies...you know where to find me.

A few days ago, I watched "Seven Pounds" starring Will Smith & Rosario Dawson. It's about an IRS agent (Smith) who is taking his wife's death especially hard (as I can only imagine that anybody would) and sets out on a journey of redemption by changing the lives of seven strangers forever...but along the way, he meets a hottie (Dawson) who can screw up all of his plans...because he may be falling in love. (Dun dun duuuuuh) It's really a great flick and I would highly recommend that everybody see it. I wish I could tell you more about it...but I will warn you that it's a little dramatic...but well worth it if you're not into that whole thing. Besides, Woody Harrelson's in it (briefly) and did I mention that you get to look at Rosario Dawson? That's worth the price of a rental right there...and it's a heartwarming tale...sort of. Just watch it. If you don't like it, then you have my permission to boycott me.

In another tale of long dramatic movies, I watched "Gandhi" starring Sir Ben Kingsley (pictured showing that Gandhi was a pimp) for the first time last night. It's of course, the story of Mohandus Gandhi from a simple lawyer...to the man who started human rights in South Africa ("FREE SOUTH AFRICA, you dumb son of a b***h!!!") to the man who gave India its independence...and all the while spreading the message of peace & humanity. Of course, this is one of the great movies of all time and won a lot of awards in 1983 when it was released. It's worth a gander...but I warn you, it's three hours long (and yes, it even has an intermission) but it's very well done. Another funny little thing that I found, is that the movie is directed by Richard Attenborough. Now, you may be asking, "$teve, who the f**k is Richard Attenborough?" Well, to my generation of American children...he's probably best known as the curator & owner of Jurassic Park in the 1993 movie. "Spared no expense." Yeah, that guy. He directed Gandhi. So yeah, check it out if you need a refresher in classic Gandhi-isms like "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" and a bunch of other great messages of equality & peace that today's world leaders have probably never heard.

The New York Dolls concert tonight was cancelled...but I'm sure that I'll find something to do. My buddy Chris (who helped me move in) said he'll probably stop by...and my mom stopped by this morning for breakfast on her way home from the airport. My mom rocks! Just in case, you didn't know out there. Everybody's who ever met her agrees too...so it's not just me saying it. Anyway, I hope that you all have a great weekend & have lots of fun!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?