Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thank God We've Got Red Matter

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, not a whole heck of a lot has happened but here's the rundown. Wednesday, after work, I watched some season 4 of "Battlestar Galactica" (the new one) and I don't want to spoil it for you...so I'll let the season do it if you watch it. Okay fine, I'll spoil it. They're overtaken by space monkeys & Bruce Willis was a ghost the whole time. There. Now you have it. I just saved you a LOT of time. Seriously though, you might want to watch it. I don't know. There's robots...and they're sexy...and you know how I feel about that.


Thursday, I spent some time with my dad while my stepmom was out of town...and we watched basketball (Game 6 of the Celtics & Magic then Lakers & Rockets) and ate pizza. I think my dad misses his bachelor days a bit. He's been hanging out with his old friend Charlie, who he hadn't seen in like 12 years before a few months ago...and they do stuff like go to the Motocross events, races, and fire off various weapons and just have a good ol' boy time. I honestly think that of all the people who are happy that I moved back...he's definitely in the Top 3 up there with my brother & my mom. In fact, I would say he's #2 behind my brother (because I really do seem to be his only friend). Anyway, it was a lot of fun...and yeah, he just enjoys being a guy every once in a while. He especially liked it that my stepmom was on some camping excursion with work where she didn't have cell reception. "Oh, so you mean you're not going to be able to call me every hour? That sucks, sweetie. Well, I'll miss you. Have fun on your...whatever it is. (Hang up phone) ROAD TRIP!!!"


Friday was work once again...and then met up with JL Clyde and J&M at JB's for dinner...and then they convinced me to go with the movies with them to watch "Star Trek." Yes, the same movie that I saw last week. "There had better be nudity this time!" There was not. Sorry to spoil it for you. It was still alright. Not great, but alright. The one thing that gets me about it (don't worry, not a spoiler) is that the whole movie is based on a Romulan getting revenge because...basically, the idea to save Romulus (or whatever the planet's name is) from a star going supernova...wasn't to just evacuate the planet & move on elsewhere...but it was to use this Red Matter stuff (wonderful use of "How would they smoke in an all-oxygen environment?" "Well, we can take care of that with one line of dialogue - 'Thank God we invented the...you know'.") to instead turn it into a black hole. So basically, instead of stopping a supernova from engulfing their planet, their logical solution is to just take away their sun. Brilliant. Anyway, that's just the major thought of the movie for me. And yes, of ALL the suspension of disbelief associated with this movie, THAT was the one thing that stuck out to me.


After the movie, we all walked back to my apartment, had a few Long Island Iced Teas (premixed 12% stuff), they told of inside jokes that I was unaware of, and we just had a merry time.


Today, there's a festival of some sort (Living Activities or something like that) downtown at the City & County Building, so I'm probably going to go check that out...and I think I'll get me a haircut either today or tomorrow. It's rather long & thick. (That's what she said) With summer being just around the corner, it's probably a good idea. So with that half-ass report, I'll bid you all farewell. Hope that you're all having a great weekend wherever you may be!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?