Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Quick Summary

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, it has come to my attention, that probably the best way to catch you up on the past week...is just to just spray it out real quick like all over your computer screens. Why? I'm still unpacking, while entertaining my peeps who haven't seen me in a while, while training for my new job (of which I can't rant from at this time despite already being a week ahead of training schedule WITH computer malfunctions), there's simply not enough hours in the day, I'm getting everything changed from Colorado to Utah, I'm "borrowing" somebody's wireless internet (thanks neighborino) and to be honest, I don't really have any pictures or anything other than one of the moving van while full...and another one from last night that shows that my apartment is on Utah's first burial ground. Yeah, didn't see that on the brochure. So without further ado, here's the last week...

Wednesday, April 29 - Picked my brother up at the airport, we walked around downtown, "Well, you're in Denver. Whattaya wanna do?" "Let's go watch a movie" "Ugh...okay?", we watch Crank: High Voltage, it's ridiculous but in a way that I like...just don't think too hard, "Well, it's getting to be nighttime here in the swingin' town of Denver. Whattaya wanna do?" "Let's go to Best Buy?" "Ugh...okay?", we stop by Best Buy, he buys Street Fighter IV, we buy booze, we get drunk while playing Street Fighter.

Thursday, April 30 - I awake to a screaming woman, walk out into the front room, Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer is playing in the front room. My brother had left it playing all night. We get up, he still wants to play Street Fighter IV (really?), we walk around downtown a bit so he can buy souvenirs for the kids, we eat gelato, we head back to my apartment, he plays...Street Fighter IV, I pack up because we're moving in the morning, he briefly glances at me doing this, we go to midnight premiere of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, it kicks ass, we get to bed around 3 AM. Now a story from this movie...

Before we went, I said to my brother, "I HOPE we don't have to sit next to one of those guys who's just going to pick apart how the movie's different from the comic books. Those guys bug the sh*t out of me." Knowing full well that my brother...was "one of those guys" and would. "Yeah, I know what you mean." So we get to the theatre...and we're literally SURROUNDED by them...even before the movie started, one in particular is about 300 pounds and just loves to hear himself talk & thinks that anybody listening is graced with his opinion (much like myself only not as charming). My favorite part of his rambling...is when he's talking about the X-Men trilogy and the character Storm, played by Halle Berry. He says that was the worst casting EVER...and there are only TWO WOMEN that could have possibly played Storm...and those women are...Angela Bassett (which I whole-heartedly agree & believe it or not, when I was younger, thought she'd be the one to play her in a movie) and...wait for it, RUPAUL!!! Rather than spin around and directly conflict his argument (which I believe was his only possible intent for such speaking of the anal quarters), my brother & I just slowly turn towards each other...as if to say, "Did you just hear what I heard?" "Yeah" in an unspoken language. So then the movie started (thankfully) and my brother continued to be the nerd as expected, "In the comics, Deadpool wasn't..." "This is a movie, Kiel. Shut your face. You can b**ch about it later."

Friday, May 1 - Woke up bright & early to go pick up the moving van & car tow...and spent about five hours loading up the van. Now, knowing that my only help was going to be my brother, I decided to hire Two Guys & a Truck to help with the loading so that I would have some help, any help. They were magnificent. They shrinkwrapped all the furniture for no wear & tear whatsoever, packed the van tightly & methodically, and were gracious. I highly recommend them to anybody...and my brother was a horrible observer when they were there, playing his PSP while sitting on the furniture. Gotta love it. He did help out a little after they left...but all the while b**ching about why it took so long for us to leave. "Well, some of us were moving...and some of us were sitting & playing their PSP." So we got out of Denver around 2 PM...and ended up in Salt Lake just before midnight. The drive went as expected. A little fog in the Eastern plains near Cheyenne, then a lot of overcast through southern Wyoming emphasizing the nothingness, beautiful sunsets around Rock Springs, winding passes through Coalville & Park City, grinding brakes as you barrel down Parley's Canyon carrying all of your worldly possessions & little brother with you on three hours sleep and having to listen to your brother b**ch for the last 12 hours consistently ("Why won't you take a nap?"), yeah, just as expected.

Saturday, May 2 - Rained all day...so no unloading of the van, which was good because I needed some sleep. So I got some. Later, I hung out with JL Clyde, we ate Este Pizza (which she thinks is awesome & I thought was too wet for pizza...but we did meet Pizza Jesus) and then I started to feel sick. Maybe it was just everything catching up to me over the last week. I went to my dad's where I was staying, napped, woke up when he came home, basically went to bed around 10 after watching some basketball.

Sunday, May 3 - Woke up feeling HORRIBLE. Pounding head, scratchy throat, sweating all night, actually hadn't slept since the nap the night before...and today was Unloading Day. Luckily, my dad had a bunch of vitamins & Dayquil so I woke up & we got at it. He, my buddy Chris & I unloaded the entire truck in under four hours with plenty of breaks. We rock. Hard. JL Clyde, my mom & my aunt Pat came by to help out emptying the boxes...so the bed & kitchen were taken care of...which was good because I slept like a dead thing that night...starting around 8 PM.

Monday, May 4 - First day of training for the new job. Basically signed my name a bunch of times, saw a bunch of former coworkers that I hadn't seen in...well, six months or so, that's really all to say about that. Unloaded boxes at home and got it semi-habitable. Found out just how small my washer & dryer are...and it's ridiculous. I think it has a maximum capacity of four socks and a fabric softener sheet.

Tuesday, May 5 - Second day of training, more stuff I already knew but met some cool people and saw more friends & former coworkers. Followed it up with a Cinco de Mayo celebration with JL Clyde & the Mad Scientist as we went to Red Rocks Brewery (a block away from my apartment), had a few drinks then chatted back at the crib for a few hours catching up on good times. Got to bed around 2 AM or so.

Wednesday, May 6 - Third day of training and already a week ahead of schedule. I may be a manager by Memorial Day. Really liking the new job but then again, it is still early. Gonna try to finish my unloading boxes as much as possible today and get the living room set up so that it doesn't look like a warehouse. Other than that, really no plans...so feel free to give me a call or write me a dirty text message or something. They always make my day. Hopefully that helped you all get caught up. Have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?