Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Young Blue Eyes

Good Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,


I honestly don't have a whole hell of a lot to say that does do anything but bore me to think about it...but I did stumble upon a nice little thing in the news...and by little, I mean like saying the same two sentences in different ways thanks to Yahoo! News.



Sinatra Update - I quote from the Yahoo! News article (clears throat) "Martin Scorsese (scor-SAY'-zee...like you don't know who the guy is) will be telling Frank Sinatra's life story on film. Universal Pictures says the Academy Award-winning filmmaker will direct "Sinatra," the first feature film about Ol' Blue Eyes' life." Period. That's it. Okay, now allow me to actually give you some information. Director & legendary filmmaker Martin Scorsese, who has graced us with such films ranging from "Goodfellas" to "The Departed" to "The Last Temptation of Christ" will be telling the biographical movie adaptation of fellow Academy Award Winner and one of the legends of music, Francis Albert Sinatra (and tomorrow's the 11th anniversary of his death, by the way). Now, for those of you who don't know who the Chairman of the Board is, I can understand if you could care less...but I'm already excited about the movie. Sure, not as excited as the thought of Megan Fox in chaps or whatever it is that an aquatic superheroinne wears in her upcoming movies...but still, pretty damn excited. I picture intriguing character development, musical numbers, quips, all starting from the famous mugshot from when he was accused of "carrying on with a married woman" of which I have hanging at my apartment (thanks Jewels). Should be a great flick.





Then I got to thinking, why couldn't I play the new Ol' Blue Eyes? I got the voice. I got the looks (Hollywood magic would help). I got the charm. I got the balls. I could do the young Sinatra, the Rat Pack Sinatra, hell even the old guy picking fights with Sinead O'Connor, and wearing suits & laughing the whole time. Just like at work. Hmm, but it may be a bit of a challenge...even for Scorsese...to convince the world that a giant from Utah could be a streetwise hustler from Hoboken. Anyway, always keeping an eye out for the next gig & thought this'd be a nice one...but I'm sure there's somebody else (shorter) who could take on this role. Like I said, not a whole lot to say today. Have a great day everybody!!! "Fairytales can come true, it can happen to you...if you're youuuung at heaaaaaart..."


P.S. I know that Leonardo DiCaprio will be playing Sinatra in the movie because this is a Scorsese flick...and he would have DiCaprio play anything from Pope John Paul II to Othello if he had the rights. I just thought that a man could dream...and this is America. God bless!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?