Thursday, May 28, 2009

People in the Party HOT HOT HOT

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm posting because it's been a few days. Ugh...let's see. Tuesday, I went back to work...and passed off all my training stuff...so I'm officially an employee, not a trainee. That being said, they're going to have somebody watching over my shoulder (very literally) for the next few days to make sure that I don't screw anything up (and wisely so). Today was actually the first day of that...and it went very well. No major screwups (that I know about) and I met a few new coworkers who were "impressed" with how well I did for a trainee. Then again, it may have been the cute trainer trying to flirt with me...but I doubt it because she mentioned her boyfriend more than once and...let's face it, I know my ship...and can BS the rest. So yeah, the new job's going good...and I'm already plotting how to make the most money possible (because let's face it, I like money...and my private dance business isn't taking off like it once did...and I blame the economy).


Tuesday, I also did a good deed by making sure that JL Clyde didn't completely waste her life by NOT watching "Scarface" at least once...and I think she stayed awake through most of it...and when she did doze off, she awoke to low caliber language and high calibre gunfire...and that's what you get when you don't give Tony Montana your full attention. Not sure if she really liked it or she was just humoring me though...and frankly, I don't really care...because I got to see it again...and I keep forgetting that the movie's almost three hours long. It's not like "Benjamin Button" or "Titanic" or something where nothing happens for at least half the movie. It even has a montage to cut down on time...because there's just so much story telling to do. Who knows how much yayo snorting & testicular references there were in the original director's cut? At least five more minutes of just that...and maybe even more development of the love story...but audiences don't want to see that. They want gun violence & badassery...and they somehow managed to get it all in under three hours. Kudos to Brian DePalma. Okay, so maybe I'm hoping to get a walk-on gig on the next Brian DePalma movie (though his next two flicks seem to be about the Boston Strangler & an Untouchables prequel...but who else can play a young Officer Malone but me?)


Let's see, what else? Ugh...I'm gonna go hang out with my dad tonight and watch game 5 of the Eastern Confence Finals. LeBron had better get his act together because the Magic are a win away from the Finals to hopefully play the Nuggets (though the Nugs need to win the next two games for that to happen).


Oh...and I'm going to the New York Dolls concert this Saturday at the Depot...with special guest the Cliks. My favorite thing about the New Yorks Dolls though...is that they're one of the godfathers of punk...and yet, one of their original members, David Johansen is best known by his superhero persona Buster Poindexter. Who's that? Well, have you ever been to a wedding? Or sporting event? Good...and have you ever heard a song that goes something like, "Me so on fire. Me so on fire, feelin' HOT HOT HOT!!! All da people, all around me feelin' HOT HOT HOT!!!" Of course you have...well, Buster Poindexter is the guy singing that song...and his real name is David Johansen...and he's a godfather of Punk. Awesome, right? He may claim that it was all in kitchy fun & showing how naive the pop community is or something...but I'd happily be as kitch all the way to the bank. Kitch-ching!!! Hope I get to meet him...or at least Buster. That'd be sweet.


Anyway, that'll do it for today. I'm already boring the hell out of you, I can tell. It's a sense thing. Have a great night everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?