Thursday, July 16, 2009

Like Gee, That Was A Close One, Scoob!

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, I've applied for a job here with my same employer in Slick City...but has strong connections to Lake Tahoe...so it's a start in that westerly direction. It will also help me to establish some contacts over in the area...and that doesn't hurt at all...and become familiar with the area since, to be perfectly honest, all is know is from the internet...and did you know that Tahoe is apparently a Native American word (I forget which tribe) for "Lake" so the entire town is basically named Lake Lake? Now you know. Other benefits include a little higher pay, career advancement, some former coworkers are in that department...and the surrounding eye candy ain't bad over there either. I'll keep you posted on the progress...but as you know, sometimes these things take months...even if they offer the job to you on the spot...and then take it back...and then offer it to you again a month later. GOD, I love HR departments!

The other day, I watched a movie...and it really made me think...and then cry a little bit...and then get a little angry...and then I cursed a word that I thought I would never curse...but I guess "Bush" has multiple meanings. The movie was "An Inconvenient Truth" starring Al Gore. You remember him. Vice President under Clinton for eight years...and then somehow won the election in 2000 but Bush was President for the next eight years...and oddly enough, during that same time, all of my dreams seemed to die after being sorely crushed again and again until I'm the withered mass before you. Anyway, enough of that. As you all know, I'm sure, it's about global warming and how we face a MAJOR environmental catastrophe (think "Day After Tomorrow" but real...and I play the role of the sexy young Dennis Quaid) and how the United States seems to be the country causing the most problems (of course) and we all need to make a change. He even displays all the convincing evidence, scientific knowledge, easy to understand charts & graphs, personifies it with stories from his life...and doesn't simply say, "God told me that the Earth is gonna die unless we make a change" like some other Presidential candidate might. Watching the movie, as I mentioned, it was a bit of a emotional rollercoaster because...it's basically true...and scary...and what was even scarier is what might have been if this guy was elected President (still say that he was...but whatever) instead of that curse word Bush. Maybe we'd be a little better off. Then again, maybe we'd all be obliterated by aliens too...but that damn logic tells me that it'd probably be better. What also got me...is this guy is an excellent speaker. Sure, he's not the glowing ball of charisma that everybody (in the Media) made Bush out to be...but he's just a great guy. He's like a Teacher...and Bush was the Pothead in the back of the class...and it just irks me so...but this isn't one of those political blogs. So I'm just going to suggest that we all listen to Gore and recycle and all that stuff...but hey, we could always just keep things the way they are and die a natural death like a hurricane or tsunami or plague or something. You know, the choice is yours. Check out this flick if you want...but yeah, it may just piss you off a little bit at the political machine.

On a merrier note, last night I watched a classic from Alfred Hitchcock entitled "Rear Window" that stars Jimmy Stewart & Grace Kelly. The story is of a photographer (Stewart) who's at home recovering from a broken leg...and basically, in his boredom, starts keeping an eye on his neighbors. He also have a STUNNINGLY beautiful and enchanting girlfriend (Kelly) who wants him to marry her...but for some reason he doesn't want to (for reasons I can't possibly comprehend). Anyway, one night he sees some suspicious activity from one of his neighbors...and he suspects MURDER!!! (Dun dun duuuuh...) So he tells his girlfriend his conspiracy theory...and she's obviously intrigued...and together they try to get evidence to prove it to the police. It's actually a very funny, thrilling and completely entertaining flick (and gentlemen, did I mention the 60's style gratuitous shots of a blonde busty ballerina with very little to do with the plot?). I would highly recommend it. This movie was recently redone as "Disturbia" but this one is so much better. Why settle for Shia LaBeouf and some random chick...when you can have THE Jimmy Stewart and THE Grace Kelly? Go out and rent it today...or join us in Gallivan Plaza on the next couple of Mondays...and you can see other Hitchcock classics like Vertigo this Monday & The Birds the following week. Sorry, Rear Window was back on the 6th of July...but hey, there's always your local Blockbuster or Netflix (shameless plug of which I'm not being compensated for...hint hint). Another cool thing about this movie...is that is was all shot basically on one set. Try not to notice while you're watching it...but it's all from that one room. Cool, right?

Killer Cougars Killed - So...remember yesterday when I reported about the fish that was killed for mildly disturbing the waters of a Swiss lake? Well, apparently this has already spread to Canada. Three cougars have been killed near the Western Canadian town Princeton, British Columbia, this month while apparently stalking human prey, police said on Tuesday. Police said that wildlife officers consider the cougars "killer cats" because they were young, hungry animals that had lost their fear of humans. In one attempted attack, a Princeton resident spotted a cougar stalking two young children who were swimming in a river, but was able to shoot the cat before it pounced, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said (Tell me you're not picturing Dudley Do-Right). "Given the young age of the children the chances of surviving the pending attack would not have been great," police said in a statement. Another cougar was killed while prowling in a campground and another near a park swimming pool, where children were playing. Princeton is a rural community in the mountains about three hours drive east of Vancouver. Wildlife experts say that cougars seem to be attracted to young children, possibly by their high-pitched voices and erratic movements, and that the cats may confuse them with the wildlife prey they normally seek (or the ghost of Michael Jackson is able to possess big cats). A two-year-old girl escaped with only minor injuries last month after her mother was able to beat away a cougar that had pounced on the child in Squamish, British Columbia. So again...the cats were walking near a river, in the forest near a campground...and near a swimming pool (like a pond), I'm guessing near the woodline...and so they had to be stopped. Again, I'm not for wild animals ripping little kids to shred, don't get me wrong...but seriously. If you're in the woods, then there's animals in there. If you only feel safe around your little purse puppy...then stay your ass at home or in your apartment on the 34th floor (God, I miss that apartment). Just a thought. As you know, I'm not a big fan of PETA either...but seriously. If you're going to save us from animals like that...at least serve them up later at a barbecue...and make sure they're delicious.

Just got back from the Incubus concert with no pictures to show. Let me tell you it was awesome being...probably the oldest person in the amphitheatre after being the youngest at the last one. Even if not the oldest, I probably the most mature. There were a lot of ladies with a lot of tattooes to look at and not feel like a creep when they catch you staring. "Like gee, that was a close one, Scoob." It was a lot of fun...and I must have been forced to listen to a CD while hanging with my brother or something...because I knew a lot more songs than I expected...but hey, maybe X96 had something to do with that too.


Well ladies & gentlemen, 24 hours from now...I will be with my sweet sweet mistress of Las Vegas, probably downing some drinks and enjoying the glitz and glamour of this desert oasis and sleeping soundly...wherever God takes me. I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend & have fun safely!!! Love ya madly!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?