Sunday, July 5, 2009

FLASH!!! AAAAAAAAH!!!

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

The weekend was awesome...and full of visual goodness...so I'll give you a quick rundown. First off, I drove to my mom's in Eden (remember the Fortress of Solitude?) but it's not winter there, so it's not covered in snow...and surprisingly green. Usually this time of year, the trees are already charred a golden brown by the summer heat...but not this year. My brother, the kids, even his (sigh) not yet officially ex-wife was there doing lawn work. Yay, I showed up just in time to do some physical labor for the holidays. You don't want to hear about that...so I'll fast forward a few hours in the heat...and get to the Eccles Dinosaur Park in Ogden. What? That's right. I said the DINOSAUR PARK. I haven't been here since it first opened back in the mid-90's and it's changed quite a bit. Please enjoy the following pictures...
Just a cool sunset from last week
Ah, there we go...EDEN!!!
Kairi & Vinny show me their crib
...and my loyal assistant, Haji
The world just needs to get used to this view of Vinny
This...just...sounds...delicious
Animatronic MAYHEM!!!
Pop Quiz: What's this dinosaur?
Ah yes, the "giant four-footed, bird-like god of the western desert"
Now, for the safari, don't believe me?
How else would we get this trophy case?
"It's not what it looks like..."
Probably the nastiest looking dinosaur in the whole park
Glamosaurus - Really big in the 70's
Camousaurus...oh wait, I mean Camarosaurus
This dinosaur looks...special
"Oh my gosh, look at this one's balls!!!"
Brazilian Dinosaurs - They just have longer legs
"Trainwreck!!!"

That night, my brother got back from work late...and we drank a little bit. Just a little bit though, because we had a parade in the morning...and I was sleeping on a couch. Alas, we arose to a surprisingly early morn (okay so it was nine-ish) and went to the City of Huntsville's 4th of July Parade. Again, enjoy the visual stimulation...
My Baby...
...with Pooh & Roo still on the dash
Vinny & Ash - Yes, the sunburn hurts as bad as it looks
Kiel & Kairi
The best part of this float is when Brazil popped out of the cake
Before you get too excited, they're wet JUNIOR high school cheerleaders
"OH MY GOD!!! JACKO'S ALIVE & AFTER YOUR CHILDREN!!!"
Yes, that is a baby on top of the truck

The afternoon was spend watching G4 and watched "Flash Gordon" (which is absolutely ridiculously bad...yet I can't turn away...and Timothy Dalton was in it) and some viral videos on their shows entitled stuff like "World's Craziest Videos" and my personal favorite, "The International Sexy Lady Show" (Google it) in which they show hot chicks doing weird stuff across the globe...from television shows. We're such prudes here in the states. Oh...and then there was barbecue...and fireworks.

Cute story of the trip: So Saturday, I was entertaining the kids while my mom was cooking up some grub...and my niece Kairi asked me, "$teve, what color is yo eyes?" "They're blue, sweetie." "Blue? They're not green?" "No, they're not green like yours, Precious. Yours are special like that." "Like mommy's." "(Sigh) Yeah, like mommy's." "Yours are blue like daddy's." "Yup." "Can I see?" "Absolutely." So I lean in and open my eyes as wide as I can...and she's looks down into my right eye like she's looking into a microscope. Head cocked to one side, really looking into that thing...and I'm looking right back at hers. "You got pretty eyes, $teve." "Ah, thank you sweetie. Yours are pretty too." We stare harder at each other's eyeball.

Well, as I'm saying my good-byes, of course Kairi doesn't want me to go...and she's a little bummed. "You got go to work in the mornin'?" "Yeah, afraid so." "I wanna go see your window again." "My window? (Then it dawns on me that she's referring to seeing the view from my apartment in Denver) Oh sweetie, I live a lot closer now...but you can visit my apartment anytime...and we can go out on the balcony...and ride the alligator (what she calls an elevator) and it'll be fun." "Okay $tevie, I'll ask daddy when we can go visit." "Okay." "Hugs?" "Of course." We hug and she gives me a kiss...and then she gets real close and starts staring into my eyeball again like its a microscope...so I stare back...and she just starts laughing. "Okay sweetie, I've gotta go. (Set her down) Bye everybody!!! See ya in a few weeks!!!" Then I hear Kairi as I'm walking out the doors, "Bye $tevie, I love you" and my heart just melts again. "I love you too sweetie." Then I hear Vinny screech in laughter as I'm leaving too. Those kids are just too damn cute for words. That's probably why I post so many pictures of them. Anyway, hope you enjoy them too.

That'll do it for today...since I bored you with pictures of dinosaurs and young'uns. Tune in tomorrow when we talk about the mysterious death of a fellow $teve (anyone who watches Sportscenter already knows who) and other tales of intrigue from the headlines. Hope you're all having a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?