Friday, September 11, 2009

The Admiral's In The Hall

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Hope you're all having a groovy day. Great football game to start the season last night (and I found that Heads & Shoulders commercial with Troy Polamalu both hilarious & disturbing at the same time). Today is the induction of the 2009 Basketball Hall of Fame class of David Robinson (always first & foremost), Michael Jordan, John Stockton, Jerry Sloan, & Vivian Stringer. Truly a great class of legendary players and coaches. As mentioned before, Mister Robinson is my favorite basketball player of all time...so that's really cool. That Jordan guy's pretty good too...but he's no Admiral. Other than that, not much else to report today other than a fun little story. Today at work, I had another little training meeting...and the Big Boss GM was there (but we played basketball together before so he knew I'm nuts & he's a cool guy) and he asked everybody in the meeting why we work for the company that we do. So he had us write the reasons on a whiteboard. Well, I was the scribe...and the best was saved for last. "$teve, does that say...Eye Candy?" "Yes. Yes it does. You see, this kind of goes into Networking & the sense of Community that I mentioned earlier on the list...but I, for one, would like to thank all the ladies & gentlemen that work here for their upkeep, hygiene, fashion & overall personal appearance which truly makes it a pleasure to come to work every single day. However, for the sake of brevity, I simplified it down...to Eye Candy." My job is pretty cool when I can say stuff like that at a company meeting...and I get a chuckle from the Big Boss rather than an immediate appointment for yet another Sexual Harassment training session. At least everybody knows what motivates me now. By the way, Money was on top of the list...with a few $$$ to emphasize the point.

Now, in lieu of more news updates (save those for tomorrow or something), here's a quiz that former Boss Lady D sent to me last night...just so you can get to know me a little better...and I'm pretty sure you loyal readers already know most of the answers...but there's a few fresh ones in here. Enjoy!!!

1. What time did you get up this morning?
8:04 - I slept on my super-comfortable couch because the Wingman spent the night to pick up his kids this morning...and I'm a gentleman

2. How do you like your steak?
Medium well

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Inglorious Basterds - "Uebowitz my boy, this may be my masterpiece"

4. What is your favorite TV show?
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...and The View

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Interesting question. Wouldn't I BE there if I COULD live anywhere...because I CAN? Again, maybe I should become one of them traveling gnome hippies and just wander the Earth. Make the open road my home. Or I could just go for Utah, Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, your mom's house, Salzburg, wherever I may roam.

6. What did you have for breakfast?
IHOP's MVP Breakfast Scramble - It was okay

7. What is your favorite cuisine?
I don't speak French...but I think Ranae is my favorite cousin because we got drunk a few times in Denver

8. What foods do you dislike?
Not a big fan of Jell-O or most puddings. Crème brulee is an exception though. I love that stuff...and cracking the seared sugar top.

9. Favorite Place to Eat?
In Bed (oh yeah...)

10. Favorite dressing?
Skanky

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
The kind with wheels usually

12. What are your favorite clothes?
Wasn't that two questions ago?

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
"The World, Chico...and everything in it" (brownie points if you name the movie)

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
What cup?

15. Where would you want to retire?
Eden, Utah would be sweet...or the Playboy Mansion

16. Favorite time of day?
Business Time

17. Where were you born?
O-Town what what? (That's Ogden, Utah)

18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Cat Juggling

19. Bird watcher?
I like chicken

20. Are you a morning person or a night person?
24/7 baby!!!

21. Do you have any pets?
RoboPanda

22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
Ugh...I'm pregnant?

23. What did you want to be when you were little?
Professional basketball player / archeologist

24. What is your best childhood memory?
Wow. Deep. Ugh...Disneyland? Yeah, we'll go with Disneyland when I was 6. I remember winning a trip out there (on my 6th birthday), getting a rental car that talked ("You're door...is ajar"), puking on the tea cups, having Silverhawk action figures to play with in the backseat, my first taste of IHOP, being afraid of Monstero, eating a Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream, getting my picture taken with Snow White (head in dress), all great moments.

25. Are you a cat or dog person?
You mean like a half-breed? Hmm, I do like to lick a lot...and rub up on people's legs

26. Are you married?
Not yet...and probably never...but anything's possible

27. Always wear your seat belt?
Great advice? Don't drive & drive? I'm sorry, was that a question?

28. Been in a car accident?
Yeah, it sucked...but I survived.

29. Any pet peeves?
When they pee on the carpet. That stuff NEVER comes out.

30. Favorite Pizza Topping?
Pepperoni is essential

31. Favorite Flower?
What's better than Roses on your Piano? Tulips on your Organ

32. Favorite ice cream?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

33. Favorite fast food restaurant?
In-n-Out Burger's pretty damn delicious

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
Zero

34. From whom did you get your last email?
My supervisor telling me how amazing I am

35. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Probably a travel agency of some sort

36. Do anything spontaneous lately?
I just pooped my pants...for a purpose.

37. Like your job?
Also great advice. Yes, I do enjoy my job. Thank you for...sorta asking.

38. Broccoli?
Cauliflower. I'm sorry, again that's not a question. I assume it's some kind of word association thing.

39. What was your favorite vacation?
China - Can't believe it's been over four years

40. Last person you went out to dinner with?
JL Clyde & I went to Simply Sushi on Wednesday

41. What are you listening to right now?
Somebody just said Poppycock...because they saw it on TV

42. What is your favorite color?
Brazilian

43. How many tattoos do you have?
As many as Hugh Hefner does...because we're both cool like that

44. What time is it?
6:33 PM

50. Coffee Drinker?No, I'm not...but that's probably the person that skipped questions 45-49 yet put 37 in there twice.

Anyway, that'll do it for today. Have a great weekend everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?