Friday, September 4, 2009

Bounty Hunters Wanted

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, I interviewed this morning...and it was awkward as all hell...but I did pretty good. I drove up to Park City and arrived a half-hour early (you never know when you drive up Parley's Canyon) and it was basically the Big Boss, HR director and the person I'm replacing interviewing me...but mostly the Big Boss because...well, he's the Big Boss. He asked me questions and was basically staring me down like a cowboy would...and I was sweating...but it had nothing to do with him & everything to do with I'm in this warm confined room with three people while wearing a full suit. I answer all the questions...and he tapdances around some of mine...primarily the pay, which is pretty important. "What're you looking for in regards to pay?" "Well, honestly I'm not looking to drive Parley's twice daily so it'd have to be something where I'd be able to live up here near the company. Now, I haven't checked apartments directly yet but I'm assuming it's in the range of $1200 a month give or take for a one or two-bedroom, am I right?" He looks at the floor a little bit, probably realizing that he won't be able to afford me, "Yeah, that's about right. Usually people shack up four to six people per apartment up here but...yeah, if you were looking for yourself then it'd be about that. No family up here?" "Closest would be in Salt Lake." I also mentioned that there were other opportunities that I was looking into in Lake Tahoe and others...but what it all boils down to is, he never really gave me an exact number claiming he'd have to officially offer the job (really?) but it seems like they're very interested...but only if I'll take the job for what somebody who already lives up there will take it for...which is pretty much what I make now. It'll be considered...but I just wasn't really feeling it. Especially during the drive back down Parley's afterwards. REALLY don't want to deal with that every day...even on a beautiful day like today. Anyway, more on my future later...and I may be going to the Zoo tomorrow with the niece & nephew...so I have that to look forward to...and Bubbles is visiting so maybe she'll have time to stop by & say howdy. In the meantime, here's the news...mostly to do with movies...

Predators Update - Filming on "Predators", Fox's reboot of its popular sci-fi alien hunter franchise, kicks off September 28th in Austin, Texas according to Production Weekly. The story involves a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors - that are not always from outside their group. Alex Litvak and Michael Finch penned the script. Nimrod Antal ("Vacancy") directs with Robert Rodriguez ("Sin City" & "Desperado") producing. Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios are being used for the shoot. The film hits cinemas next July. So now we may finally have a Predator movie...in space. With Robert Rodriguez producing, it has to be good dirty campy fun. Can't wait.

Boondocks Sequel - Indie distributor Apparition continues its aggressive pickup strategy of late and has acquired the rights to the highly anticipated cult indie sequel "The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day" says the trades. Troy Duffy's followup to 1999's "The Boondock Saints" has Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery reprising their roles as the MacManus brothers who do battle against the Boston mob as they avenge the death of a beloved priest. Billy Connolly, Clifton Collins Jr. and Julie Benz co-star. It's set to hit theatres on October 30th and if you want to be the first on your block to check out the full R-rated preview (and you know you do), just click on the link. "Where you goin'? Nowheeeee!!!"

Lobo Movie - FINALLY!!! Guy Ritchie ("Sherlock Holmes," "Rocknrolla") is set to direct a live-action comic adaptation of "Lobo" for Warner Bros. Pictures reports Variety. In the comics, Lobo is a alien interstellar bounty hunter (not a Predator). The seven-foot tall (not a Predator), blue-skinned (not the Tick), indestructible and heavily muscled and heavily armed anti-hero (again, not a Predator) drives a pimped out motorcycle (see?), and lands on Earth in search of four fugitives who are bent on wreaking havoc. Lobo teams with a small town teenaged girl to stop the creatures. Don Payne wrote the most recent script draft, while Joel Silver, Akiva Goldsman and Andrew Rona will produce. Shooting kicks off early next year and is aiming for a PG-13 rating (see? Not Predator). Lobo was one of my favorites from DC Comics growing up as a kid...and I guess it'd be really hard to make his story into a movie...and that's probably why it hasn't happened until Guy Ritchie got a hold of it. Hopefully it'll be pretty cool...for being PG-13. I'm also curious to see "Sherlock Holmes" and if he's ever able to do the sequels to "Rocknrolla" since it pretty much tanked at the box office. All will be answered in time. For example, I never realized that Lobo & Predator were so similar until just now...but hey, if they can get a guest cameo by Dog & Boba Fett, then we may have a real movie here.

Vegas Update - So it really doesn't have a lot to do with Vegas per se...but it has it in the title as well as another V-word. Liam Neeson is attached to star in "The Virgin of Las Vegas" for Parallel Pictures says Variety. Exploring the Irish pop culture phenomenon of show bands, Neeson will play an aging show band singer, prone to drink and living in Vegas, who finds his life turned on its head following the arrival of a mysterious stranger. Show bands used to play cover songs in the early days of rock 'n' roll and amassed large followings across the country before dying out with the advent of TV. U2 frontman Bono and Alan Moloney will produce the $14 million project. That's it. Virgins & Vegas are merely background to Liam Neeson playing an aging Irish cover band leader. Unless the mysterious stranger is Elisabeth Shue, even I may have to pass.

That's about it for today. More as it transpires. Just in a real state of disarray and frustration right now...but maybe a little me time followed by a trip to the zoo with the young'uns will help me figure some things out. Seriously, what else am I gonna do this weekend? Every HR department in America has taken a four-day weekend by now. Balls. Have a great weekend everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?