Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Help Freedonia

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, I've been on my own for two days at work...and yesterday wasn't very swell...but today got better. Oh...and remember about a month ago when I said that Hollywood may not be ready for $teve? Well, stay tuned...because I may have an audition coming up soon. For a job...not starring opposite Megan Fox in "Jonah Hex" (yet). Who knows what'll happen if I end up there though. Again, stay tuned. Speaking of Cali, Lilie's in town and bought me lunch yesterday at the Chubby Toad Grill...so she rocks. Also, that means that I'll be having a Rock Band Party on Friday...so come one, come all. It'll be a great time...and I have some new songs since the last one. Like a BUNCH from Rock Band 2 and downloaded off the website that I didn't have access to for six months...and there are some badass songs. I wish I could tell you more...but I won't. It adds to the intrigue that way.

The other night, I watched "Duck Soup" which is a 1933 classic starring the Marx Brothers. If you have yet to see a Marx Brothers film, I'd recommend this one. It's full of slapstick comedy, witty retorts and physical comedy...guaranteed enjoyment for children of all ages. The story is that the nation of Freedonia is bankrupt (by the way, is Iceland officially bankrupt yet?). So to pull them out of this turmoil, they appoint Rufus T. Firefly (Groucho) as their commander-in-chief and he shakes things up obviously. The neighboring nation of Sylvania declares war...and the antics go on from there. Now, this doesn't sound like a funny storyline by any means, I understand...but it's the Marx brothers...and just trust me, it's funny. Classic comedy. Groucho, Harpo, Chico & Zeppo are well worth it. I plan on watching a few of their other movies soon...so stay tuned.

Last night, I watched "Primary Colors" which is a look at the presidential campaign of Bill Clinton (though names are changed to protect the innocent) and based on the best selling novel of the same name. There's an all-star cast featuring Emma Thompson, Billy Bob Thornton, Adrian Lester, Kathy Bates, Maura Tierney and even John Travolta as the candidate and small parts for Tony Shaloub and J.R. Ewing. It's one of those political movies obviously...but it's pretty entertaining. It follows the story of a man (Lester) who is intrigued by the possibility of a candidate (Travolta) that's different...and really cares about the people...and so he becomes his campaign manager during the democratic primaries. Then he slowly but surely gets deeper into the political game and finds that the candidate isn't the shining beacon of hope that he was hoping for...but then again, who is? We all have our flaws. Then the hole gets a little deeper...and his morals are called into question. It's actually a surprisingly good movie given that I typically despise political flicks...yet am intrigued by careers in bullshit (since it's like breathing to me) and just how it can be utilized when one's morals aren't on par with the good books. Now, I'm not going to go into the whole psychological stuff behind politics and its appeal (or lack thereof) to the masses...but yeah, it intrigues me a bit...and this movie isn't bad. So if you're into those kind of flicks (like W, Charlie Wilson's War, The Candidate, Man of the Year, Head of State even...) then I'd say check it out. If not, then watch something else. Kathy Bates performances is particularly good...and I really enjoyed the "Taking a sh*t in the woods" metaphor that Billy Bob tries to explain. Those two things alone are worth the rental.

Other than that, not a whole lot to say. Not sure where my career will take me in the next few months. My friends & family are awesome (except Mad Scientist has had a hell of a week). My apartment is sweet (and had better be for the rent I'm paying). It has been raining the past few days...and that sends pleasant feelings through my body. Again, I don't know what it is about the rain...but it goes straight to my pleasure zones. My second favorite smell in the whole world is Rain. (Yes, I know I can't really smell...but again, it goes straight past my nose and into my sinuses or something, it's weird). As for the favorite, you probably already know what it is...and if not, feel free to ask. Also, my apologies for the brevity of my entries this past month or so. I've just been so busy and I usually checked out the news and such at work...and I'm sure I'll be back to that in a while...but yeah, just getting settled and all this wonderful friends & family are filling up my freetime. I'll make it up to ya someday though. For the fifth time or so this entry, stay tuned. So yeah, good times. Have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?