Saturday, April 18, 2009

Where You Goin'? NOWHEEEERE!!!

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Sorry for the misleading title. I watched "Boondock Saints" the other day...and it was either that or "Cuddle? What a fag!" or "Get your stupid f**king rope." Last night was a fun evening. During the day, it started out gently yet consistently weeping outside, then it turned into the biggest snowflakes that I had seen here in Denver. Yeah, pretty much the biggest snowstorm...in mid April. I got some boxes from my work...but I think that I need to hit up a Wal-Mart or something for bigger boxes. Fun for the weekend. Here are some pictures...
From my window, the snow looked like it was falling up

I met up with my now former coworkers at Rock Bottom Brewery and had a few drinks. We reminisced about my first experience in the office of Candy asking if she could hug me, they asked about my plans, told a few jokes, had a few more drinks...and they gave me this...

I like it for many reasons. It has little messages from everybody saying that I'll be missed...and of course that's cool...and it's also a beautiful picture of my apartment building...and you can even see my apartment's windows. It's that one on the third black line from the top (34th floor) and on the left hand side. See it? Denver's been a great experience for me both personally and professionally...and I haven't regretted this experience one bit. Well, maybe the unpacking all my stuff...but that's just a few extra hours of packing...and this has been well worth it. Big thanks to all my friends, family & coworkers who have helped me through this time and helped me have a little fun too. You guys & gals have been awesome.

So yeah, after about five beers I went home, just in time for a Wine Social at my apartment building...so I had about three goblets of wine while talking to neighbors and had a healthy buzz going. Then I went home & watched "The Royal Tenenbaums" which really wasn't that funny...but then again, I fell asleep halfway through it...and watched it again and it wasn't that bad. Maybe I'll save the review for when I've watched it sober. Anyway, here's some news...

Eli Roth Update - "Hostel" writer/director Eli Roth is planning to shoot his next two films back-to-back according to MTV News. The first is a big budget sci-fi action film - "I don't want to give away the title yet, because I have to make sure I own it 100%, but it's going to be something that is really fun with lots of mass destruction. I wanted to do something along the lines of Transformers or Cloverfield that was a little more science fiction-based." So will there be monsters? "I don't want to say what [the monster is] yet. Once it gets set up, I will let everyone know. It is not aliens or robots or a virus - it's a little more grounded." After that comes a full-length film based off the "Grindhouse" trailer he did "Thanksgiving". Roth says "The plan is this: I want to do a huge budget movie, but tack on three weeks to the end of it and shoot Thanksgiving. I want to do an $80 million dollar movie, and then schedule three weeks at the end to quickly shoot a $5 million dollar movie." I like the sound of that. All those Grindhouse trailers starting to be made. Thanksgiving, then Machete, and finally...Werewolf Women of the SS...starring Nicolas Cage as Fu Manchu. "AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAAAA!!!" Rated R

Wanted 2: Written by Pooh - "Pooh's Heffalump Movie" scribe Evan Spiliotopoulos has been hired to write Universal's action sequel "Wanted 2" says The Hollywood Reporter. Like the original 2008 film, the in-development sequel is based on the comic series created by Mark Millar and J.G. Jones. Chris Morgan, who co-wrote the first film, will pen the story that Spiliotopoulos will use. Marc E. Platt and Jim Lemley are producing with Timur Bekmambetov, who directed the first film and is attached to helm this one. So yeah, they want to write a sequel to the ultraviolent movie about bending bullets and flying through time & space (can't wait to see how they bring back a cyborg zombie Angelina) so what's the first thing that pops up? "Why don't we get the guy who wrote that Winnie the Pooh movie to do it?" I love Hollywood. Maybe one day I'll be a part of that crazy world...and help Megan Fox with that "insertion" scene for "The Crossing" movie that she's set to star in. Yeah, a lot of late night practice with that one. "Now Miss Fox, I'm sorry to push ya like this...but it's a LOT of heroin that we need to fit in there...and I think this is a little gentler with just easing it in. Did you want another smoke first?" I'm not crazy.

Anyway, that'll do it for the day. Got stuff to do & need to find some large boxes to load up my possessions in. Have a great day everybody!!!

1 comment:

Doc said...

Crap. He is going to remake Godzilla again.

"Why don't we get the guy who wrote that Winnie the Pooh movie to do it?" - Priceless!

Spiliotopoulos. That name would be long even without the vowels.

Doc

Where Should I Go Next?