Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'M MAD AS HELL & I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

I've spent the past 24 hours or so packing up the last of my stuff but leaving out just enough for my brother & I to have a good time when he flies in tomorrow. I know you don't care...and frankly I'm sick of it myself...but it is what it is. Oh...and before I took down my entertainment center, I watched a few movies...so here they go...


Actually the night before I went back to Slick City, I watched the 1976 classic "Network" starring Faye Dunaway, Robert Duvall, William Holden, Ned Beatty & Peter Finch. Basically it's the story of a network news anchor who has a meltdown on the air (like Ron Burgundy but older) and the station decides to exploit it for their ratings & give him his own show. Now, this would NEVER happen in real life (Glenn Beck's crazy ass) but it's actually a very hard-hitting and poignant film for our times...as I'm sure it was five years before I was born when it first came out. William Holden & Peter Finch give remarkable performances for the ages...and of course Duvall & Dunaway do a great job. Really just an incredible film that I think everybody should watch. It's really a commentary of our time and how we get our information filtered through the Media.


Another social commentary movie that I watched last night was "Glen or Glenda?" from world-renowned filmmaker Edward D. Wood, Jr. from back in 1953. Now, it's a movie with a pretty good message...about explaining the taboo subject of transvestites and how society should be more accepting of them...but the way it's told is...well, Ed Wood made the movie...so it was entertaining but for all the wrong reasons. Bela Lugosi is the omnipotent puppet master and gives some grandeous speeches ("PULL THE STRING!!! PULL THE STRING!!!") over two stories of transvestites as told by a psychiatrist to a police officer. Not bad...then about halfway through there's the puppet master giving a speech over stock footage of stampeding buffalo, some housewife S&M, some devilish dude who just pops up in scenes once in a while, some more story, back to the S&M, and then it gets back to the main story repeating the same dialogue that it did earlier. So yeah, great message, poor delivery...but still watch it with friends. You can make it into a drinking game everytime you hear the puppet master yell "PULL THE STRING!!!" and whenever you hear "what society calls..." just for fun. Now for the news...


Bacon Update - JESUS!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! APPARENTLY THE CARRIERS OF BACON ALSO CARRY THE NEWEST PLAGUE!!! So yeah...obviously I have watched the news in the past 24 hours while packing...and there's another thing that's going to kill us all. Finally people will agree with me...that we must destroy all swine and convert them into something useful...like bacon...or pork chops...or pork rinds...or fried pig's feet...and maybe keep a few in a contained environment to reproduce for future pork products...but we'll make them wallow in their own filth. That'll teach 'em. It worked for rats back in the day (who I hear may taste like pumpkin pie...but has yet to be confirmed).


Now for what you've all been waiting for this entire rant...pictures of my new apartment in Slick City at Palladio. Well, here you go...

The kitchen
...and the washer & dryer
The Living Room
The Nook around the corner
Some closet space
Where the Magic shall happen...with a little work
The Balcony
The view from said balcony

Anyway, that'll do it for today. Still more work to be done. Hope you all enjoyed the new digs. I'll have pictures when I get everything set up in the coming weeks too...and keep you all updated on the Housewarming Party. Have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?