Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Son of Wonder Woman & Batman

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'd like to start off by saying...that I'm pretty much bored out of my mind. I don't think that I could stand this unemployment stuff very long. It's been four days...and even with packing, arranging for moving vans, calling on apartments, NBA playoffs, calling loved ones, cooking and all that other stuff, I have entirely too much time on my hands...and idle hands are the Devil's playground...or so I'm told. Especially when I think too damn much. Anyway, tomorrow I head off to Slick City for the rest of the week to finally check out some of these prospective apartments...and then my birthday party over the weekend...and then back for last packing, then my brother & I spend a day here in Denver having fun, then we load up the van, head back to Slick City and unload it at my new deluxe apartment (wherever it may be). Good times.

Now, I know that yesterday was apprently a big day for a few reasons. It was April 20th, so stoners were big on the whole 4/20 thing (though I'm a MUCH bigger fan of June 9th, 6/9) and it was also the 10th anniversary of Columbine (HUGE news here in Colorado...and a reminder that my 10 year reunion's coming up) but my favorite thing about yesterday...is that it was National Look-Alike Day...and I remember when I first started this blog that I did a Look-Alike thing...and the results were ridiculous...so I thought that I'd do it again...with more updated pictures (though I honestly haven't changed in appearance in the last year or so) but apparently the computer I was on didn't have the right Adobe or whatever...so you tell me what you think. I tend to think that I'm the spawn of Wonder Woman & Batman...but that's speculation at best.
This picture still creeps me out a bit...
but yeah, you can see the Bruce Wayne resemblance
behind the Dixie cup. GO EAGLES!!!

Young Hugh Hefner? Anyone? Anyone?

Kevin Bacon? No? How about Gaston from Beauty & the Beast?
"No one's neck's as incredibly LONG as Gaston..."
Anyway, cast your vote... I usually get Harry Potter

Last night, I watched one of the worst movies ever made, "Bride of the Monster" which was written, directed & produced by Edward D Wood jr. (and has absolutely nothing to do with the pictures on the poster). Now, for anybody who has seen the Tim Burton flick "Ed Wood" you've already seen some of the best (worst) parts of this movie (which thankfully is only an hour long) but yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. There's an evil scientist played by Bela Lugosi, a bunch of people who can't act, corny dialogue that doesn't really make sense, wrestler Tor Johnson as a monosyllabic slave, a giant squid...and yeah, it's just hilarious to watch...because they're trying to be serious...but it just doesn't work. I saw watch it with a few friends & a few beers. You'll enjoy it...maybe.

Honestly, I don't really have much more to say other than that...so I'll leave you be. Everybody remember that this Saturday is my birthday bash at the Bayou (645 S State Street in SLC) so feel free to stop by if you want great fun with great friends and great beer...and Southern food, my favorite kind. Have a great day everybody...and I'll see you when I get back from Utah...or while I'm there. Peace!!!

2 comments:

A.P. said...

I had a great time at your birthday party! It was sooo awesome that I made it to the Bayou in time to see everyone... *sigh*.

Happy birthday anyways homie!

$teve said...

No problem playa. Next party's gonna be on your schedule...so try to get a weekend off, alright? You work too hard...well, too much. :)

Where Should I Go Next?