Sunday, September 16, 2012

Utah Trip - Steve vs Dinosaurs

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, last week was my triumphant return to Utah for a few days... so here's how it went down. Dizzy & I flew in last Wednesday night after work & not much happened that day, pretty uneventful. Thursday, we hung out with my dad a while as he called into work (allegedly was a little ill, but I think he just wanted to see me a bit), then we met up with my brother, niece & nephew to visit... the George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park. You may remember a lot of this place from my visit a few years ago... but here are some more pictures to go along with it...



















After hanging at my brother's for a few, and meeting up with my buddy Chris, we went up to my mom's house to spend the night in the Fortress of Solitude. Friday morning, we went to the Shooting Star Saloon in Huntsville for some breakfast burgers...



The plan then was to meet up with my brother & head out to the desert for my mom's family reunion (one of 17 children of grandparent age... so HUNDREDS in attendance) but it didn't quite work out that way. Why? Well, my brother wanted to bring our Odyssey that I haven't driven since junior high... and he drives a station wagon (Dodge Magnum, which is about the coolest station wagon there is... but let's face it, station wagon). So... after attaching the trailer hitch, balancing the trailer so it didn't fish tail, we started the 3 hour drive to the reunion site... around 9 PM instead of noon. Oh well...


Saturday & Sunday were spent primarily in the desert having a good ol time with the family. There was booze, 4-wheeler riding, family videos, a raffle to raise funds for the plot of land, good times.













Monday, Dizzy, my dad & I went to the Museum of Ancient History... a fairly new dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point... and it was pretty amazing. We watched Dinosaurs Alive! 3D as well, narrated by Mr. Jack T Colton himself (Michael Douglas). Here are some pictures...


















Tuesday, Dizzy & I went to Temple Square to show her probably the most famous attraction of the city...









Then we boarded our flight & flew back to Oakland, obviously catching little colds along the way... because airplanes are rotten sess pools of disease & despair. Anyway, that's about it... work has been super busy since I got back... and they may never let me leave again... but hey, I had fun & frankly don't give a sh*t. By the way, have you heard about DMX getting back into some headlines by dissing Drake? Yeah... I'm hoping for a battle of some sorts (lyrically of course) because the world needs more DMX shooting off at the mouth. Have a great weekend everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?