Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nooorthern California Where the Girls Are Warm

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, It's been a while since I've been able to bless you with my presence virtually...but rest assured that I should be getting internet (and cable and gas and my new car registered and a California driver's license) officially tomorrow, so that should help tremendously. Let's see, when last I left you, I believe I was sh*ttin' kittens about finding a new car since Brandy had...some issues. Well, I found her...and she was a pretty penny...but I think well worth it. Only time will tell, she's a firecracker red 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited hardtop with about 46,000 miles on her...and her name...is Gretchen (you know I've always loved that name) and she's a fiery red-headed wood nymph of an Earth Muffin who's always down for adventure whether in the woods, in the city or on the open road...and if the weather's right, she's not afraid to take her top off for all the world to see. BEHOLD!!!


Sadly, I had to trade in Brandy because I simply couldn't put her anywhere (really wish I had known that about a week earlier) but I was able to talk her up to a $1000 trade-in, which on a car with 217,000+ miles on her, should get me some kind of an award or something. Alas, I'm sorry Brandy. You were a great gal...
Oh, also, proof that I can cook a fine pork pot roast with all the fixings...


Basically, I spent all day Saturday & Sunday morning checking out cars...and then about six hours at the dealership to get everything taken care of (haggling, the usual process plus computer outages...but involved a lovely tour of Carson City, capital of the Silver State). Not exactly how I wanted to spend my first weekend...but whatever, it had to be done. I did have a little time in the evenings to set up the apartment a bit. Still a work in progress now that the roommate showed up last week...but it's coming together & he's cool as hell, so good times.

The bedroom's different w/o my favorite headboard...
...but I do have my own private deck.

The next six days was basically a hectic little dance of getting our office ready for opening this next week...and I'd love to tell you more about it...but just trust me, it's a lot of work & we're all really excited & nervous at the same time about our jobs & our new office opening. It's going to be EPIC!!!
Today's actually the first time that I've been able to see the sun really since I was shopping for a car (schedule is sunrise to sundown this time of year) and it's supposed to start snowing today and probably keep going until Friday...or April. I'm not sure how this weather is...but they've told us to stock up on food, have a shovel ready, dress warmly, drive safely & bring forth two of every animal, preferably one male & one female so they don't have what's referred to as a Unicorn Incident. Regardless, I think that my CD of the Steve Miller Band's greatest hits is absolutely perfect to listen to while driving around this place...and you know that crisp, clean smell of rain that I love so much...well, it's pretty much always here...just a little crispy sometimes depending on the early morning temperature as it prepares for winter.


In the meantime, we did have a full moon the other day & I got out of work a little early...so I drove down to Lake Tahoe & took a few pictures at dusk...and I thought I would leave you with those...and a message that I miss each and every single one of you...and I can't wait to see you again, whenever that may be. Have a great day everybody!!!


I think Gretchen enjoys the sunsets too...

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?