Thursday, April 3, 2014

Family Visit - March 2014

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,
 
Friday morning, I woke up early for a day off & went Furniture Shopping with recently new SF resident, Jackie D. Our first stop was Best Buy for a new TV with all the fixin’s (Bluray player that does Netflix & Hulu). After that, we spent a few hours at IKEA getting her some furniture to sit on & store her belongings… and other things that a single female might need… like decorative rugs, cooking utensils & maybe towels or something. After getting it all loaded into her… I don’t know… 450 square foot apartment overlooking a construction site (I prefer the term “canyon view” myself) then we did some running around to get her phone & internet taken care of… and ate at Smashburger, which was f**kign awesome!!! That’s really about all to tell about that…
 
Then I met up with my family at my place around sunset… and this time it was my mom, stepdad, niece Kairi, nephew Vinny & cousin Alicia who came to visit. Basically the first four took my bed for the weekend… and then the rest of us (Izzy, Alicia & myself) took the couch. Now, I have a nice couch… and it worked… but yeah, that first night was a little rough… and I think the nights after that were just sheer exhaustion causing me to pass out… but more on that in the coming paragraphs.
 
Friday, we spent an otherwise rainy day at the Exploratorium on Pier 15. In the years where it was located a few blocks from my house at the Palace of Fine Arts, I had never checked it out… but now that it was on the other side of town… we went. It’s a great children’s museum that’s VERY interactive & fun for anybody with even the slightest curiosity about science… which I’ve found that most kids are. Here are some pictures of our adventures…
 




A guys spent 37 years making this out of toothpicks...











After that, we had lunch at Boudin’s Sourdough and then returned home to watch some movies… and of course the kids were jumping around excited because Uncle Steve was nearby… and they’re kids. I enjoyed it but… I don’t like that they yell all the time over each other (hearing problems maybe?) & that my mom’s answer to everything is giving them massive amounts of sugar when my back is turned… but hey, I love those little scamps & we had fun as long as they weren’t hitting people or being grouchy.
 
Sunday, we drove to Pacifica to everybody’s favorite Taco Bell on the beach. Fun fact: Did you know they have Cinnabon Delights? What are those? Well, they’re basically deep fried balls of frosting… at Taco Bell. Out of place, right? Well… my mom & stepdad ended up buying FOUR 12-packs of them… and the kids ate the vast majority of them. Why? Wish I could tell you… but hey, that’s how it goes. Here are some pictures of them working off some of that sugar at the beach though…
 




Monday was another rainy day… but we decided to still go to the San Francisco Zoo because a) We’re not wimps; b) The crowds would be scarce; c) We had to see some animals and; d) We ain’t wimps. Oh, I said that part twice? Then you probably shouldn’t forget it. The weather was actually perfect for about the first hour or so… and then the rain started a little bit so after grabbing a bite to eat for lunch, the old people stayed behind to sit & we walked through the rest of the park at a decent pace. Here are some pictures…
 

















This is how many hours it would take an elephant
to sh*t my weight... impressive...
Tuesday morning, I woke up early for work & gave everybody my hugs & kisses while they continued to sleep. Yeah, I’m sure gonna miss them… but they’ll be back & I’ll be visiting them shortly enough. Yeah, they’re exhausting… but hey, what else was I going to do this weekend? “Bottle some beer!” True… but we can do that next weekend too… and we’ll actually have all three batches ready for bottling. What’s that? Oh… Izzy’s mom is coming to visit next weekend. F**K!!! Oh well, we’ll just have to recruit her to help out with bottling then. Have a great weekend everybody!!! Plus a few thank you notes from my family for letting them stay with me... cuz we pay it forward like that...
 
 

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?