Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mom's Summer Visit 2015

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,
 
My family came in on Wednesday… and by family, I mean my mom, grandma, niece Kairi & nephew Vinny… and they spent the day at the Exploratorium with Izzy… here are a few pictures that she sent me to… I don’t wanna say rub it in while I was at work but… here are pictures…
 
















On Thursday, I went to work again… while they went on an apparently badass Duck Tour of the Bay Area…




 
 
...and then I met up with them for the Bay Aquarium down on Pier 39…
 











On Friday, we started the morning with the World’s Best Taco Bell in Pacifica
 
Then we made our way down to Felton for a ride on the Roaring Camp Railroads, where we took a steam train ride through the giant Redwoods…













Then we went to the Santa Cruz Mystery Spot to see… well, besides a poorly constructed cabin… some entertainment for the kiddies…
 





 

Then we spent some time at our hotel for the evening, the Santa Clara Marriott just a stone’s throw from the Great America Theme Park AND the new Levi’s Stadium where the “San Francisco” 49ers play football… here are some views from the room…
 
Saturday morning, we visited the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose so that the kids could see what they could do with nearly limitless funds & the worst contractors in the world… oh and maybe get a little freaked out about ghosts except that the tour was at 10 AM on a beautiful San Jose day… but yeah, we got to walk through the house and 110 or its 160 rooms (damn I gotta get in the gun trade) and here are some… well, very few pictures… because they’re not allowed… so check out past visits
 


  

The plan after Winchester was to head to Santa Cruz to show the Boardwalk… but the traffic was all the way back to literally a mile from Winchester… so we decided to go check out more beach at the Taco Bell in Pacifica… because you really just need a beach…
 
…and the kids were a little pissy during Fireworks that night… mostly because it was foggy & the only fireworks going off were obstructed by the western hills of the Presidio… but whatever, ‘Merica!!!
 
Sunday we started down on Crissy Field and took the kids to the Museum of the Farallones
 
… and then to the Palace of the Fine Arts
 


… and then to Chinatown so the kids could get some souvenirs for their dad & we ate at R&G Lounge, expensive by Chinatown standards, but excellent.
  
Monday, I went back to work during the day, they went to Fairyland, but then we met up for dinner at Mel’s Diner for the last meal… and spent some time hanging with the kids… and basically just enjoying the last few moments with my family. I’m sad to see them go… but I’ll hopefully see them soon. There is the family reunion in September… so maybe I can work that out… we shall see. Anyway, I hope you had half as much fun as I did this week… or at least enjoyed some of the photos.
 
Podcast Update: We’re still figuring a few things out… like the name & format… but if this week weren’t so jam packed with activities, we probably would’ve had our first podcast interviews in my mom & grandma… but hopefully we’ll be able to get those taken care of soon. I had a heck of a time trying to explain to them what a podcast even was… but I basically told them “Don’t worry, it’s just an interview.” Anyway, more to come soon… including other interviews with local mini-celebrities… or at least interesting people.
 
So again, great trip with the family… and I hope they travel safely back home to Utah… and I hope to see them again very soon… usual family trip wrap-up. Tune in next time for… more thrilling adventures. Have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?