Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mawwaige

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,
 
Saturday was the day of Izzy’s Aunts’ Wedding after being together for 41 years. During that time, there were a lot of good times & bad times… and they raised a family too. Their eldest shipped off to join the Air Force Special Ops this weekend as well… and their youngest graduated two months ago… so now they’re officially wedlock, basically retired & ready for those golden years that we all long for… but usually when we get them, it’s pretty much too late to enjoy it as energetically as you would in your younger days. Oh well, I’m sure they’ll make due.
 
During the wedding, I help with preparations a little bit & then was the bartender / bouncer for any rowdy drunken geriatrics that might try to start stuff. Luckily I was able to nip that rowdy bunch though & the ceremonies went on without a hitch. It was actually a pretty fantastic wedding… but I’ll let the pictures elaborate…
 


 
Rrrrrrrr...

 
Bet you can't guess whose this is...







Such a beautiful family...



Sunday & Monday were pretty relaxed… just basically hung out with Dizzy & her family… watched movies with them (all stuff I had seen before so no need for reviews) and helped clean up from the wedding. Tuesday, we dominated in our softball game winning 21-6. So… here are my batting stats for the year thus far. 0-3 at the plate (some pretty decent flyouts) but with six walks. That’s right… they won’t even pitch it to me… and though I remember the rules being something like, if you walk a guy, then the girl behind them gets to walk too… but the rules for this softball league seem to change from pitch to pitch as far as I can tell. Regardless, I’ve made it home every time that I’ve been walked… so no RBI’s but six runs. Not bad for a guy without a legitimate hit thus far… but it’s only three at-bats thus far technically.
 
Anyway, that’s really about it honestly. The beer making apparatus arrived last night & we should be well on our way to making sweet brews by the end of this weekend. Oh, I also have a new roommate that we’ll call Red Sox. She’s from Boston… and so far seems really nice & really clean… like has already cleaned up around the apartment & arranged for a monthly cleaning with her brother’s maid at a very reasonable price. I like it. Anyway, have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?