Saturday, January 12, 2013

RoboPanda - Issue One (Rough draft)

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well, I've been working as usual... and in the evenings, I've been playing video games with the bro via the interwebs... and working on getting that money MONEY!!! So I thought I'd share with you a little more on my idea thus far... RoboPanda vs Zombie Dinosaurs. The details are obviously still being ironed out obviously... but I'm well on my way. I have the basic concept & story idea, main characters, driving stories, conflicts, settings, etc. Now it's a matter of execution & working out the rough parts.

Basically it's set in the not-so-distant future Shanghai... a few years after a major Earth "Event" that sends a mild shifting in the electromagnetic whatever that has a few startling effects. Humans went crazy... animals get smarter & started to talk... and dinosaurs came back to life as zombies. Why dinosaurs? That secret will be revealed later on... and no, it's not like f**king "Lost" where I just all of a sudden realized that no ending would really work & so just ended the show with more questions than anything... but you need some intrigue, right? I mean... it's random... dinosaurs have been gone for MILLIONS of years... why not people or dogs or other dead animals? Surprises abound. That's all I have to say.

Anyway, the main character is Kong, a panda who has had a rough go since "the Event" and therefore has a robotic left eye & right arm. Yes, because of technology downloaded in "the cloud" the smarter animals have access to all the future knowledge & technologies of humans. Nice, right? Not that it really helps them with zombie dinosaurs, volcanic activity, freaky weather, and all of that seriously affecting infrastructure... but some of the animals find sanctuary in the Pudong New Area of Shanghai, sealing part of it off with a giant wall of rubble & such... and have watches to protect from the outside... and you know, it's your typical zombie survival kind of story from there... but it's going to be awesome.

With that little bit of backstory in mind, I thought I would share a special treat for both of you actually reading this... the storyboard for the first issue of this epic saga. Now, I know that you're not going to be able to read my chicken scratch very well... and I have the artistic talent of a 3rd grader... but hopefully this teases you just a bit... and you get to see some of the action that going to go down when a real artist (Dizzy) puts her skills to it. Also, these pages from my journal that are really I think 4" x 6" & divided into eight frames... so I'm not working with epic scale here. Anyway... ENJOY!!!

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a line... and in the meantime, GO NINERS!!! Have a great weekend everybody!!!

P.S. The pictures are grainy as hell because Blogger is "new & improved" so isn't uploading pictures properly... because that's technology. Blame them... :)

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?