Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Surprise Visit from the Kiddies

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well... yeah... the usual... but at least with this one, I've got some GREAT pictures for all yall. See... when we last spoke, my brother was turning douchy apparently an was NOT going to let my mom bring my niece & nephew with her. Why? Because he wanted money... or he probably gave some other reason but that's all bullspit, he was basically holding the kids for a bit of a ransom. Well, last I heard, my mom wasn't caving in... so whatever, we'd have fun without them. Last Saturday, she & my stepdad woke up early (like 4 AM) and started driving across the barren desert world of Nevada to my place. Around 7 PM, I got a call from my brother... and basically a few minutes into it he said something along the lines of "Oh yeah, my kids should probably be there soon." "Wait, what? They're coming?" "Yup, I decided to let Mom take 'em to see ya." A few minutes later, they all showed up & we hugged & kissed & laughed maniacally.

That Sunday, we went to Fairyland in Oakland... and without my brother there to ruin the mood & be a douche, it was absolutely fantastic. Here are pictures...











We went to Sugah Hill's for some Oakland southern cooking... and it was pretty good once the food got there... but they were in transition of places so there was one guy there... and it took over an HOUR to get the food. I'm not sure if they had to restart all the grills and stuff or what... but yeah. That was that.

That Monday, we went to the California Academy of Science... and we saw baby ostriches, fish, dinosaur bones, etc... and then we went to the greatest Taco Bell in the world... on the beach in Pacifica. More pictures...




That Tuesday, Dizzy joined us & we went to Muir Woods. Well... they went to Muir Woods but because there was no parking, I dropped them off, then Dizzy & I went to Muir Beach... and then we met up & all went to the beach. Good times...






Then came the 4th of July, where we went to the San Francisco Zoo. Why? Because it's a zoo... and there were advertisements for free admission on this first Wednesday of the Month... as there always is. Well, bait & switch later, they have a sign at the ticket desk saying "Psyche, b**ches! You gotta pay because there's no f**king way that you're going to disappoint your kids since we got you this far. Suck our f**king dicks, all the way to the balls! Sincerely, Management" Okay, that might not be an exact quote... but regards, that was the message. Anyway, zoo was okay, here are pictures...















That night, we went up to Inspiration Point and saw some amazing fireworks...






So yeah, it was an amazing trip... and I've really missed those little buggers... and my mama... and even my stepdad a bit... but definitely the first three. Sigh... really wish I could spend more time with the family & friends... but yeah, I don't even have time for this blog & it's at home with me when I'm there. Anyway... work is the balls... but yeah, doin' it doin' it & doin' it well as always.

Saturday was a FANTASTIC southern barbecue at my buddy J-Mo's house down the street... so we enjoyed ribs, fried chicken, fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, various meats, mac & cheese, cornbread, all prepared from scratch & delicious. I also met a bunch of new people & his new roommate... so yeah, good times.

Let's see, aside from that... I'm gonna be a nerd this next week and go to Steve Miller Band & Pat Benetar this Saturday & then the midnight showing of "Dark Knight Rises" on Thursday... cuz I'm a f**king G!!! Let it be known. Anyway, more to come on this amazingly wonderful exciting life. Have a great night everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?