Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blerg











Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,


This weekend was actually pretty relaxed. I’m really trying to get back into jogging a bit… really trying… but it’s just so f**king boring… and my cardio isn’t what it used to be… and even then it was playing basketball, so there was like… a goal of some sort. With jogging, it’s just to get your heart racing or something I guess… but at least the scenery is nice when I’m not gasping for air 10-15 minutes in. The real surprising thing about it is… it’s not like my heart or lungs or something that hurt afterwards… but my shin muscles… and my inner thighs a little. Granted, there’re a lot of hills in the area that I jog… but yeah, maybe it’ll just take time.


Funny little story about jogging that you might like… I was jogging Saturday morning… and went up past Inspiration Point… and past a playground. Remember, one of the goals was to get a bit of a tan on the ivory torso… so I was shirtless (it was in my hand). Thinking that I would just breeze right through like the dozens of joggers before me (who apparently left their shirts on because it was below 60 & they’re pansies), I continued my jog as normal down the trail… which lead right through the playground. Now, I’m slowing down a bit… because kids AND parents don’t watch where they go… so I have to. Well, I’m going through there… and all of a sudden, a child screams out “NAKED!!! NAKED!!! NAKED MAN MOMMY!!!” I’m looking around to see if there’s seriously a streaker in a playground… and I realize that this kid is talking about me. “Really?” I look and the mom is just kind of laughing it off, but the damage was done… I felt like a bit of a pedo-freak… even though it was perfectly innocent… so I threw my shirt on for a minute until I was out of eyeshot of the park… and then off it came again… because I needed to get a little sun… and as mentioned before, the jogging wasn’t going to last too long. I did a few runs throughout the day… but after the third run, the legs started cramping up pretty good, so I watched some “Farscape” or something.


I also had lunch with Bubbles on Saturday in the Inner Sunset area. We had pho (since I’m her pho buddy) at Mmm Yummy Yummy or something like that… but it was pretty good. We also wandered around the area a bit… as I think she’s looking into moving there. It’s a nice area for her, full or bars & restaurants (which can also be dangerous for her wallet) and still close to Golden Gate Park so that she can take Brutis for walks. Deep down, I think she’s going to miss the Presidio if she decides to move… but who knows? She does like her bars… and with not having a car anymore, it’ll be easy for her to get around. Sunday was more jogging… and then in the afternoon, hanging out with the roommates. In fact, the planets aligned… and we actually had all four roommates in the same room at the same time. It was like a solar eclipse. The dawning of a new age even. And it also worked out because there was business to be discussed with regards to the new lease, etc. Afterwards though, we chatted a bit, made tentative plans for activities later in the week… like apparently there’s a congregation of food trucks at Fort Mason every Friday night… so we may check that out. Then Nurse & I watched some “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” because Filly’s been trying to get me to watch it for years… but Nurse was a fan too, so she was there to be like “Oh, just skip until the end of season one… and then these episodes… ooh this one is the introduction of Spike, so that’s pretty important…” and so we may be watching that for a bit when we’re in the house together. I’m okay with it… she doesn’t seem to mind my humorous comments… and like Filly, she says that I remind her of Xander too. Not sure if that’s a good thing yet… but hey, as long as I end up with Willow it’s all good… So here’s the’ news…


Gay Cavemen? - Kamila Remisova Vesinova and her team of researchers from the Czech Archeological Society believe they have unearthed the remains of an early homosexual man. Wait, wait… let them explain before you get all riled up. The remains date from around 2900-2500 B.C., on the outskirts of Prague. That claim stems from the fact the 5,000-year-old skeleton was buried in a manner reserved for women in the Corded Ware culture: its head was pointed east rather than west, and its remains were surrounded by domestic jugs rather than by hammers, flint knives and weapons that typically accompany male remains. "From history and ethnology, we know that people from this period took funeral rites very seriously so it is highly unlikely that this positioning was a mistake," Vesinova said at a press conference. "Far more likely is that he was a man with a different sexual orientation, homosexual or transsexual." Okay, so you see the reasoning behind the claim, right? Okay, now to continue. Katerina Semradova, another member of the team, admitted there have been other instances of men being buried with implements reserved for women and vice versa. Her colleagues previously unearthed a female warrior from the Mesolithic period who was buried in the fashion of a man. And she noted that latter-day male Siberian shamans or witch doctors were buried with ornate funeral accessories, like jewels, to reflect their elevated position in society. But those burials reflected the dead's position in society, not their sexuality. "This later discovery was neither [a warrior nor a witch doctor], leading us to believe the man was probably homosexual or transsexual." Okay… so here’s the real question: Was this prehistoric man a homosexual? Or perhaps just a jug maker? Or perhaps the waterboy? Maybe this gentleman was the engineer who designed a rudimentary system of aqueducts that allowed water from the river to be guided to the village… but because they couldn’t bury him with a canal… they put in the water jugs… as he gave them LIFE!!! I don’t know… just kind of a weird claim for a Czech team of researchers to throw out there… but hey, it grabs headlines a lot more than “Czech Scientist Find Caveman” now doesn’t it. You wouldn’t have even read this otherwise. Admit it!!! It’s okay… if I weren’t a nerd I probably wouldn’t have read it either.


Bill & Ted 3 – Speaking of gay cavemen, at the Toronto Film Festival last year, Keanu Reeves let slip that "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" scribes Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon were going to try and write a third film in that series - two decades after the first sequel "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey" hit cinemas. Now, out doing publicity for "Henry's Crime" yesterday, Reeves tells MTV News that things have progressed - "I believe the writers are six weeks away from a draft. No pressure, guys! I know a little bit. But I don't know — the fellas went off and cooked it up. I don't know what happened when they put the elements together" says Reeves. Reeves has even hinted at the storyline which will brings things back around to the 1989 original - "When we last got together, part of it was that Bill and Ted were supposed to have written the song that saved the world, and it hasn't happened. So they've now become kind of possessed by trying to do that. Then there's an element of time and they have to go back" he says. So yes… there very well may be a third Bill & Ted movie… and only about two decades too late… but hey, you never know. Somebody might watch it.


KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!! - Michael Shannon ("Revolutionary Road," "Boardwalk Empire") has been cast as the villainous General Zod in the upcoming "Superman" reboot according to a press release from Warner Bros. Pictures. Director Zack Snyder (“300”) says "Zod is not only one of Superman's most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman that others don't. Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role." Shannon is of course rebooting the role made famous by Sir Terence Stamp. He also joins a confirmed cast that includes Henry Cavill (“The Tudors”) as the new Clark Kent/Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, and Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Martha and Jonathan Kent. Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are producing. I’m kind of curious how this movie is going to turn out since “Superman Returns” kind of sucked all around… even with Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor… but we shall see. What’s this? More reboot, remake & sequel news?


Silent Hill 2 Update - Carrie-Anne Moss ("The Matrix," "Memento") and Malcolm McDowell ("Caligula," "A Clockwork Orange") have joined the cast of "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" for Davis Films. Adelaide Clemens and Kit Harington star in the film which follows Heather Mason, a young girl on the eve of her 18th birthday who is plagued by terrifying nightmares and the disappearance of her father. When she discovers she's not who she thinks she is, the revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her in Silent Hill forever. Moss will play the leader of a cult that holds power over Silent Hill. McDowell’s character isn't specified but sounds almost split personality in nature (and he’s just creepy in general). The duo joins returning cast members Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean and Deborah Kara Unger. The Michael Bassett-directed production is currently shooting in Toronto. The first one was pretty good… although I do have a distinct memory of being in a theatre as the characters walk into an obviously burned out church… like a few support beams are left… and one of the characters says, “It looks like there was a fire here…” and I BUST OUT laughing because it was so obvious & ridiculous… and apparently I was the only one that got the joke in my own head. Anyway… this could be pretty good. We shall see.


Total Re-Recall - Potential casting for the two key female roles in the upcoming remake of "Total Recall" at Sony Pictures is underway reports Deadline. As previously reported, the plan is to stick closer to Philip K. Dick’s short story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale" than the previous film did. This means no Martian-set action (disappointing), but it is set on a slightly futuristic Earth. Kate Bosworth and Diane Kruger are said to be vying for the role of Lori, the wife of protagonist Douglas Quaid (Colin Farrell). Meanwhile Eva Mendes and Paula Patton are reading for the part of Melina while Jessica Biel and Eva Green are also in consideration. That role is a woman who knows the truth about Quaid and helps him solve the conspiracy at the heart of the film. Sharon Stone and Rachel Ticotin played the roles respectively in the 1990 Paul Verhoeven-directed original. For Stone, the role effectively helped launch her career… and for Ticotin, she probably keeps that away from new people that she meets. The real question is… how are they going to work the Governator into the movie? Also... what do these women look like in sexually suggestive photographs? Well, I've got the answer to one of those questions...


Anyway, that’ll probably do it for today. Not a whole lot going on… but I’m just SOOOO busy at work… that it’s kind of draining me in the evenings… but I have been watching “30 Rock” and I’m kind of pissed that nobody told me just how hilarious that show is. Seriously, why are you guys keeping this all to yourself? Okay, so it’s one a few Emmys and all this other jazz… but so did Seinfeld, Frasier & Friends… and I don’t like that crap at all. Have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?