Saturday, January 9, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

It’s been a while coming…but I REALLY have internet now. I know, I was just joking before (apparently). Not only that, I finally have some cable too. Yeah. Both happened today…only like the 5th or 6th attempt for either over the past month-plus. Oh…and in case you were wondering, no. Gretchen is STILL not registered…but she has a temporary permit until the end of March, so we’ll see if I get it taken care of before then. I say if they want to make it as difficult as possible…then I shall return the favor. Anyway, enough chatter of my utility woes. I’m tired of talking about them. Allow me to catch you up on the month that was December 2009. Ugh…well, a lot happened. Luckily, I took some pictures for everybody. So let’s begin.

Here are some pictures of that first big snowstorm back in early December that many of you received text messages from me about how I feared that I would have to dig my way to work one day thanks to the “plowing” provided by my apartment building, when in reality, I just needed to dig myself to the first major road. Did I mention that I drive a 4WD Jeep now? Anyway, some of the pictures are pretty…

Somewhere around hour 12 of 36 of snowing...

This was on my bedroom deck...which is COVERED!!!

It had actually warmed up 5 degrees by the time I could park at work

This is why I put up with it...


I get bored easily. So when the weather is proper, I will go adventuring. Here is an example of one such journey down to Lake Tahoe (the actual lake’s about 15 minutes from where I live on a good day). Please take note of the beautiful white sand beaches which are rather odd given the mountainous terrain. Also, please note the small snowmen made of this sand…

The Wingmans came to visit me just before Christmas and so while Mrs. Wingman wanted to play with her dad, Mr. Wingman & I spent a weekday checking out checking out the Lake, eating lunch at the Char Pit (probably the most fittingly named burger joint in all the world), getting stuck on a mountain road for about an hour at dusk (we could’ve gone the other way…but that was at least two hours out of our way) and checking out the biggest little city in the world – Reno, Nevada. Here are some pictures of this adventure…

My Christmas tree

Me judo-chopping a bear...who may have been high...

Friends Liquor - They'd better not

Hmm, what's under the dome?

Oh a mill, of course

"Kiss the rings..."

That's some hot fiddling...


After their visit, I visited Utah for the holidays and, as previously stated, had an amazing time with my family and friends. Here are some pictures to go along with that too…

"Aaaah, great to be home..."

Sigh... That's my Baby. Deja vu.

One thing I miss about living in downtown

The Graffiti


When I returned to Reno, the Wingman picked me up and I had the opportunity to use my chains for the first time as I drove home around midnight in a little snowstorm where I’m pretty sure the Donner Party started looking at each other and salivating. Good times. No pictures of that…but I made it home safe & sound.

New Year’s Eve was alright. I went to the Village at Northstar where I heard there were fire spinners, fireworks & fiery hotties. Two out of three ain’t bad though. Just playing, there were a few there…but they were accompanied already. I did meet & hang out with a few people and they offered me some Hot Totty out of their thermos…and it was pretty damn good. After the fireworks, I went to Blue Coyote Bar & Grill…but it was pretty dead. So I drove to downtown Truckee and the only place that seemed open was The Great American Bar…and it was jam packed with a line out the door…so shortly after midnight, I went home. Really would’ve liked to have hung out with The Mad Scientist & Bubbles in Vegas or something…but hey, it was still fun. I’ll just have to do more planning for next year & find out where all the cool kids go (probably Reno or something). Anyway, picture time…

That’s really about it. This first week of 2010 has just been busy & hopefully I’ll be able to catch up over the weekend. Hey, maybe I’ll give you some stellar movie reviews from the past month too. Or perhaps some news of the obscure is more up your alley. Well, now that I have access to the world wide web at home again, it’s all coming to a theatre near you. Hopefully this put your mind at ease about whether or not I still exist…and those of you who noticed the name change of the blog (Lilie), the previous title was no longer fitting after moving twice since then, so I went with something more suitable. Have a great day everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?