Sunday, February 1, 2009

Marketer's Christmas

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen,

Just thought I'd stop by and drop a little something while my clothes were drying in the laundry room. Well, it's about seven hours or so before kickoff of the Big Game...and it's like a Marketer's Christmas because of all the funny & always poignant commercials that are on during the Super Bowl. As a degree holder in Marketing, I always like to break down the commercials and see if it was $3 million per 30 second ad well spent or not. Usually they do pretty good...but ask yourself this, at the end of the commercial, are you going to buy something that company? Do you even recall by the time that the game comes back on, which company it was for? Just something to think about. I'm hoping for a good game...and a lot of Victoria's Secret ads...so we'll see how that goes. By the way, did any of you check out the PETA ad that was BANNED from the Super Bowl. F**king awesome!!! I had to look at it three times before I realized it said "Go Veg!" because...well, I was thinking it was more...fish taco-ey!!! Yeah, taco-ey's a word. I just made it up. What? Anyway, here it is...


Other than that, I think it should be a good game...but then again, you never really know what you're going to get with the Arizona Cardinals. If they somehow beat the Eagles, then they can beat anybody. Oh yeah, JL Clyde's going to be visiting me & the great state of Colorado next weekend. She got a good deal on a flight and wants to check out Mile High Country. She's already got ideas for her trip planned out like to go see Boulder, a krishna temple (and free meal), a burlesque show, stargazing at an observatory, something called "Dead of Winter: Victorian Mourning", roller derby, the art museum, plus whatever else she's going to do while I'm working during the days. Should be a fun trip.


Well, just a quickie today. I'm going to hit the gym for a few hours to get pumped up for game time...and then probably watch about three hours or pregame to catch the commercials...and then the Big Show. Enjoy the game everybody!!!

No comments:

Where Should I Go Next?